Airbrush Users Check This Spray Booth Out! No More Messes!

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #1 of 15

http://cakesafe.com/howitworks/spraybooth.php

Another VERY cool product from the people that designed and make the cake safe. I am loving the looks of this - I have cleaned too many colors out of the kitchen! Has anyone gotten to use one yet? I love the cake safe - I own one of them. I want to get one of these too, I know it will be a quality product!

14 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:50am
post #2 of 15

No I have not , but looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 15

I think so too. Christmas is only 3 months away, I know what is on my list now! They have a video showing how well it works too, here is a link to it

I know I have spent HOURS cleaning up the over spray, this thing will be a huge time savor for me. I don't have room here for a big spray booth.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 15

I guess I keep my spray narrow, because I havent really had any problems with overspray. I used a science according board a few times, but it never had any overspray on it. icon_confused.gif It looks like a great product though.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 15

It looks good...I will have to wait and see customer reviews. icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 15

I had never much until I did all those poinsettias last year. HOLY COW, that over spray was everywhere. It took me weeks to find all the nooks and crannies that it got into. I told my DH I needed something to contain it after that. He has been hem hawing around about it, I won't have to wait on him to make something now.

I think also, I always just used pearl for the most part, and those poinsettias were dark colors, so I could SEE where it went. I think the overspray was there every time I used it, I just didn't see it.

I have a cake business, and I look at this as another item that will make me more prodcutive. I don't have to stop and clean up so much when I choose to use the airbrush. icon_smile.gif

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 15

That looks pretty great! I would have to wait on some testimonials too before I purchased one. I guess that the fan & filter would help suck in the overspray? It doesn't look very deep.

ETS:
Holy cow! That's expensive! I guess I won't be buying one anytime soon. I wonder how long the filter would last?

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 15

I've seen tutorials on how to make your own if you are so inclined. You use a bathroom fan and filter or something.... sounds like they work great.

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 15

I have one of their cake safes and if this is ANYTHING like that product, it will be top notch. I have a business here in my home, and I like for things to look nice too. This (IMO) will look a lot better than a box with a bathroom fan in it!

Yes, pricey, but again, so was my oven, my Hobart, my collection of ML pans, etc. It is the price of doing business. I prefer quality items and I buy them as I can.

I still think the time it will save me for just the cleaning up will more than pay for the set up.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I have one of their cake safes and if this is ANYTHING like that product, it will be top notch. I have a business here in my home, and I like for things to look nice too. This (IMO) will look a lot better than a box with a bathroom fan in it!

Yes, pricey, but again, so was my oven, my Hobart, my collection of ML pans, etc. It is the price of doing business. I prefer quality items and I buy them as I can.

I still think the time it will save me for just the cleaning up will more than pay for the set up.

This looks like basically like plexiglass with a bathroom fan attached to it... doesn't look very display worthy. So I personally wouldn't care if the box/fan looks not as good. it would have to look a lot more prettier for me to spend 500 bucks vs getting my dh to hook something up for less then 50 bucks total. ( using a rubbermaid or other box and a fan) throw a filter in and I'm good to go.

MaryAllison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAllison Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 15

Oh, my word! This topic couldn't have happened at a better time. I just wrote asking for help on airbrush spray. I'm still cleaning the mess from this past Sunday! It's everywhere and I used a box to try to contain the color.

I don't care how much this item costs, my time is much more. I'm ordering asap in preparation for the holiday season. icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 15

Christmas is coming early this year! My airbrush booth is on it's way here - I hope it comes before Friday, I need to airbrush some cakes that day. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll post back after I have had a chance to use my new toy!!

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 15

i am definetly going to check this puppy out! please let us know when you get yours and how it works! i just airbrushed a cake last week-the over spray went everywhere!! i'm still cleaning it up!! it's decieving, you can't see it until you wipe something down...then the mess!! sounds like a godsend? thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:07am
post #14 of 15

I received my airbrush booth on Friday, used it the first time Sat. morning. OMG!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I was spraying some gumpaste roses a deep red, it left NO MESS WHATSOEVER. I did not have any over spray ANYWHERE. NO RED BUGGERS!! This product is worth it's weight in gold, IMO! My DH couldn't beleive how well it worked.

I will post pics on Monday, (busy day tomorrow at DOS) If you all airbrush, you NEED this tool!!! It is freakin' amazing! I just thought I loved my cake safe and my Grex....this airbrush booth kicks butt. thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 15

OK, I have to talk about this some more. I am home from the DOS, and got to play with it some more. I did try the fan in a box thing and it never worked for me, I still got color everywhere. I found out that the fan in the cakesafe booth is MUCH more powerful than most fans. A bathroom exhaust fan moves about 80 CFM and the fan in my booth moves about 240 CFM. LOTS more power. I even wiped the blade of the fan in the back to see if there was color on it, and NADA. All the color went on the filters. I wish there were words to tell you all how great this thing is. I can finally airbrush IN MY KITCHEN!!! My Grex will now get the use it desrves to have because of having this booth. I won't dred the cleanup ever again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%