Need Help With Cookie Idea

Baking By kjxoxo1 Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 2:51pm by kjxoxo1

kjxoxo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjxoxo1 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 6

I need help and I thought no better place to come than CC!! You guys are full of ideas. My son is on a PeeWee football team--group of boys age 9,10 years old. For the home football games, they asked the parents to bring something to give to the children to eat after the games. We will take turns. My turn is coming up next Saturday. I told them I would bring cupcakes. I told my children this and my daughter who is 7 laughed at me and said Mommy, boys dont do cupcakes...make cookies!! My son agreed. (I guess its uncool...go figure..but I bet if cupcakes were served at a party they would eat them up!!)

So, here is where I need the help!! What kind of cookies should I do? What kind of design would you put on them or leave them blank? I am not an experienced baker...just starting out but wanted to try something nice.

Thanks for any input!!!

5 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 6

what a nice idea! I did some cookies several months ago for a basketball team of kids around the same age. they were going to the state tournament. I made cookies flooded with royal icing and used edible markers to draw stick figure basketball players on them. each cookie was personalized for each kid (jersey number and name). They went nuts over them! I wish I could post a picture, but I've had trouble doing that lately on this site.
You can google stick people and find lots of designs for inspiration. Good luck to you!

Maria

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 6

Wilton has a set I've seen at Michael's that has a football, jersey, and pennant. Those would be easy to flood and add details to. I have some football-themed cookies on my website.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 6

I've done both cupcakes and cookies for my son's team and they went wild. For the cookies I inserted sticks for cookie pops and made them into a royal icing/corn syrup baseball with the "stitching" and jersey number in their team colors. For the cupcakes I made the frosting in blue and decorated it using a white Wilton candy melt turned upside down. In orange (the other team color) I wrote a capital M (for their team name) on the backside of the candy melt. Cute!

vkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vkat Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 6

I, personally love working with MMF on my sugar cookies. I think it tastes much better than Royal icing and is ready to stack quickly. You can also use edible markers on the MMF to embellish. Have fun and welcome to the world of baking. It is so much FUN!

kjxoxo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjxoxo1 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 6

WOW!! Thanks sooooo much for all of these ideas!!!!!! You guys are awesome!! Amylou, your website is awesome!!!! I am going to try the cookie recipe on your site. Again thanks everyone...wish me luck! Ive never decorated cookies before!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%