Fondant Cupcake Toppers "style" Tips

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 3:02am by KristyDi

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I'm in the middle of making toppers for wedding cupcakes. I couldn't upload a pic to this site, so I'll try and explain them the best I can. The wedding's colors are white, champagne, sage, and brown. I'm making toppers in two colors each (white with brown, champagne with sage, etc.)... a different one on each flavor to tell them apart. They have a round scalloped "base" with another color initial (it's actually a rounded square with a letter "cut out" of the middle so that the base color shows through the letter cut out) on top.
They look nice but they seem to need something more. Do you think a dot of royal icing in one of the other wedding colors in each corner of the rounded square w/ initial would look nice? Or should I do dots all the way around the perimeter, or just leave it alone?
I know, it's hard to make a choice when there's no visual. I haven't been able to upload pics to this site in quite a while.
Thanks, everyone!
Maria

2 replies
Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:24am
post #2 of 3

Hi,

Its hard to tell without seeing a picture. If you want to email me at [email protected] with a picture I would be happy to give you my opinion.

Good Luck

KristyDi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyDi Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 3:02am
post #3 of 3

It sounds pretty the way it is.

Maybe you could upload pics to a site like photobucket and just post the link here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%