Biz Name Spelled Wrong With The State! Rrrrrr!

Business By divinecc Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm by divinecc

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 9

I met with a tax advisor yesterday, she gave me information on write offs and such and offered to help me apply for my tax # and register with the state. I thought sweet, that would be awesome.....well she prints off the info when finished and I notice the business name is spelled wrong icon_eek.gif I thought I was going to kill her. She said there was nothing "she" could do. I left with tears in my eyes, why did I let her do it!!! I spent all afternoon getting the run around from the state, nobody knew who I needed to talk with. I also found that she entered the start date as july 2010. WTH? I haven't even been inspected yet. I am so frustrated and don't want to deal with this. Hopefully there is something I can do. I wish I could just cancel it all and wait until all my inspections and such are finished. Anyways I just needed to let it out, my DH is away on business and I can't get ahold of him. Thanks for listening to me rant.

8 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 9

Sorry this happened to you, Hopefully you get it fixed.

divinecc Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 9

What a loser butt! No cake for her![/url]

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 9

What is the name of your business? And what state? I had the same thing happen to me with my tax id. They listed it as Cakes Devine instead of Cakes Divine. Eventhough the paper work I filled out spelled it correctly. All I had to do was contact them back and they fixed it, and resubmitted me a new document. Not sure why she told you she couldn't help you nor why she back dated it. Well I am sure she back dated it to be able to try and claim more taxes from your biz. That sucks. I always have to spell Divine for people. Devine is a person's name! Divine means it is holy or blissful. When speaking of taste of food you use the word divine! But, most people have no clue about that.

Sorry that happened to you but get use to it if you are using the word Divine in your business name. Will happen too when people want your website. I always have to make sure they know that divine is spelled with an "I"...LOL!

Good Luck hon!

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 9

Depending on the state that you live in, you should be able to contact the business registration department. Here in NJ, you can download the forms necessary for registration or changes to the original application from the state website. Do noy fret. It is possible to get it changed although you may have to pay for it. I work for a CPA, and we have fixed alot of other peoples mistakes in that area.

Good Luck!

divinecc Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for everyone's advice! I have to wait 48 hrs for my info to process then they can pull it up in there system....I hate waiting icon_smile.gif My name doesn't have divine in it I just liked the word so used it as my screen name icon_smile.gif I have seen you cakesdivine in the forums and never realized how close our names wereicon_smile.gif I do think it is a great name for a cake biz though, there is already someone in my area using one similiar icon_sad.gif I am glad it can be fixed but I just don't wanna have to mess with it, too much going on trying to get started!

divinecc Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:47pm
post #8 of 9

Wow, I never realized how much I use smiley faces....kind of annoying icon_smile.gif hahaha, kidding!

divinecc Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 9

Wow, I never realized how much I use smiley faces....kind of annoying icon_smile.gif hahaha, kidding!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%