Where Has Everyone Gone?

Lounge By iluvpeeks Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 4:32am by iluvpeeks

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 44

I don't know, but have you noticed that alot of the "regulars" have not been posting? I wonder if its due to the problems cc is having? I'm still new to this, but I enjoyed and learned so much from reading different answers to questions that other "experienced" and "budding" decorators had to offer. I hope this gets fixed real soon, because I'm really missing alot of the decorators posts and this was a very good site to be on.
Kathy

43 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 44

Who are you missing?

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:09am
post #3 of 44

I just haven't seen anything from mamawrobin, not as much from Lea, indydebi. Oh there are some others that were usually giving advice all the time, and I don't know, it just seems as though there's not as much "traffic". Do you know what I mean? Even if you look at the most saved today photos, the numbers are way down. I do realize that you can't upload photos easily, or not at all, but it just seems less busy. What do you think?
Kathy

7yyrt Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:18am
post #4 of 44

I know indydebi is posting, I keep meeting her on the threads.
Mamarobin has been out since the end of August, but if you mean leah_s, she posted earlier today.

It does seem quieter though.
I'm wondering if it's because of the start of the school year, as well as the site problems.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:21am
post #5 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpeeks

I just haven't seen anything from mamawrobin

I've missed mamawrobin lately too. Maybe she has been busy, slightly tired of answering the same 'ol questions, or has the flu (like me)... wait, that's only slowed me down a bit! I'll send her a PM now... perhaps she'll respond if she hasn't moved on.

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:33am
post #6 of 44

I guess it could be the start of the school year also. I did see just a few posts from indydebi & Leah. Certainly not as much. I guess it could be because of repeat questions, but its also difficult to look up information as well, or old threads. I know I can't go beyond page 1.
Kathy

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:44am
post #7 of 44

I have been here a long time, and it ebbs and flows all the time. Lots of stuff going on at different times. You'll see if you are here long enough! thumbs_up.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:05am
post #8 of 44

Thanks Loucinda. That makes me feel better.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:37am
post #9 of 44

i have noticed a few people gone..I pm'd a few and alot of them are busy with school being back in, kids to haul around, cakes to juggle, dogs to walk, families that have to be fed..the usual.. stuff.

I find it hard to answer posts when I cant get the links to work. icon_lol.gif Cant get past the first page of posts.. etc..etc.. etc... Poor CC we have overworked her and now she falling apart. icon_lol.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:28pm
post #10 of 44

I also noticed Mamawrobin's absense of late. icon_confused.gif
I sent her a pm last week - it still sits in my outbox.

LaBellaFlor - haven't seen her for ages also

Mrs A - sent her a pm - it still sits in my outbox.

Hopefully all is well with them all.

Bluehue.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:54pm
post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

I also noticed Mamawrobin's absense of late. icon_confused.gif
I sent her a pm last week - it still sits in my outbox.

She hasn't posted since August 19.

Quote:

She hasn't posted since March 24.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:

She hasn't posted since March 24.

LaBellaFlor was banned. I still keep in touch with her, I'll tell her y'all were missing her.

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:08pm
post #13 of 44

Oh no banned?
Why would she get banned, was she caught being honest and helpful again, she should know better.

7yyrt Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:11pm
post #14 of 44

There was a thread where something happened (I missed the entire thing) but I think they basically banned everyone who posted on it.
It must have been quite a thread, it lasted less than one day.

Perhaps she got caught up in that?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:18pm
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

There was a thread where something happened (I missed the entire thing) but I think they basically banned everyone who posted on it.
It must have been quite a thread, it lasted less than one day.

Perhaps she got caught up in that?

Nope, it was something else. Regardless, she's doing fine.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:32pm
post #16 of 44

Why on earth would Labellaflor be banned - I can understand how others would have been banned but I'm sure she was provoked harshly to write something negative. Kind of unfairicon_sad.gif

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:37pm
post #17 of 44

I participate in forums for small businesses, dressmaking, and car repair. Years I've been at it. What usually happens is people that are really experienced at their trades try to help obviously floundering people who don't know what they're doing, and one or two people (who also don't know what they're doing or don't care that they are sub standard) get offended at the poster's tones. Urgency and "to the pointness" are often misconstrued as "being bitchy" and mean, when it's out of frustration at seeing people do things wrong when the answers are soooooo obvious that forums take a turn.

Generally the people with the most knowledge of all just leave. It's kind of like the "give me the easiest most popular answer", rather than the "one that makes the most sense and will boost your career" answer.

Yeah, it's everywhere. Entitlement and not stepping on people's precious feelings. Sad really.

KimmyKakes4Me Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:42pm
post #18 of 44

There was this man, I forget his handle (on the car repair forum), I think it was Chevsnoluv or something. Anyways, he was so into the old school way of car repair, kind of hacky backyard crap. Nothing any self respecting repairman would do today and expect his business to thrive. He gave out the most horrid information, and newbies to the board looking to better their trade would eat this crap up because he was considered the king of the forum. It was awful. And try to argue with him? Oh the friends (followers) of Chev would chew you up. Found out, Chev had gone bankrupt because his shop was sued so many times from using cheap parts and using shadetree technicians. You get what you pay for.

Once the other people on the board found out, they thought twice about listening to advice from that guy. Kind of scary! Popularity doesn't mean they should be giving advice!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:50pm
post #19 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKakes4Me

There was this man, I forget his handle (on the car repair forum), I think it was Chevsnoluv or something. Anyways, he was so into the old school way of car repair, kind of hacky backyard crap. Nothing any self respecting repairman would do today and expect his business to thrive. He gave out the most horrid information, and newbies to the board looking to better their trade would eat this crap up because he was considered the king of the forum. It was awful. And try to argue with him? Oh the friends (followers) of Chev would chew you up. Found out, Chev had gone bankrupt because his shop was sued so many times from using cheap parts and using shadetree technicians. You get what you pay for.

Once the other people on the board found out, they thought twice about listening to advice from that guy. Kind of scary! Popularity doesn't mean they should be giving advice!

Niiiiice.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:28pm
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKakes4Me

Funnily enough, that happens here too.

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #21 of 44

That's sad, and to think so many people follwed his sage advice, I wonder how their shops are doing?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:01pm
post #22 of 44

I miss LaBella also. She was a straight shooter with that "Don't blow smoke and say your something that you're not." attitude. I respect that.

Wow, kimmykakes, that's really eye opening. What a sad story. I really hope the people who took his advice realized their mistake and turned their business practices around before it was too late.

KimmyKakes4Me Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:12pm
post #23 of 44

I have seen a bit of that here too. I've also learned some topics are just not worth arguing about.

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:05pm
post #24 of 44

Tesso You can't get past the first page? Oh No! I'm now wondering if there are some people that can't access cc at all? I know that sometimes yahoo will pop up and say that cc was not found. I can't get past my first page of posts, which stinks cause if I want to look up a question that I have already asked, I can't. I agree with the comment about stepping on someones toes. Isn't that true in all aspects of life? Whether it be personal or professional? I am still so new to this, and only do this as a hobby, and my experience on this site has been a very positive one. I have "met" the nicest people, and have in this short time that I have been a member have been able to figure out who's advice or suggestions to follow. Its a very generous thing for very talented people to share their knowledge, and expertise. One of my sons has worked in construction, all phases, and is very talented. He once walked off a job because his "boss", a so called professional that had been in business for over 25 years, wanted my son to do things his way, which were substandard, use substandard materials, and the best part is that the inspectors were all this man's friends. Eventually this man also lost his business because of being sued so many times. You know what they say, what goes around, comes around. Kathy

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:06pm
post #25 of 44

I've missed you all sooo much but I havent' gone anywhere! icon_lol.gif We bought a new house about a month ago and I've been busy moving...I also don't have high speed internet service available in the area where we've moved and I'm still searching for and internet provider that is better than dial up....

I have missed being 'on the boards' so much and I wondered if anyone missed me. It's nice to know that some of you did. thumbs_up.gif I'm looking forward to being able to be back on cc in the next week or so and seeing what you've all been up to.

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:15pm
post #26 of 44

momawrobin So glad that you're okay, and haven't left. Good luck with your new house. How exciting! I know a move can be very hard. I'll be looking forward to reading your advice again. You're always so helpful.
Kathy

7yyrt Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 6:38pm
post #27 of 44

Shame, shame - You know we worry when someone disappears.
You couldn't just pick up a cake and call?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=141323
(boween 's cake)

iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:27pm
post #28 of 44

Oh that's too cute!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:39pm
post #29 of 44

icon_biggrin.gif - GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK

Bluehue

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:17am
post #30 of 44

I'm friends (in contact almost daily) with several of "the banned" and I can tell you they are doing just fine...major career ops coming their way, it's very exciting.
One just placed in a cake competion of over 850 entries, another came extremely close in the same competition...both should have tied for first place IMHO. A few others friends have had magazine spreads...etc.
I am proud to call them my friends. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%