Could My Mood Swings Be Any Worse???

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 3:43pm by jmchao

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 12

So, I'm not known for my even temperament anyway, but this pregnancy has my moods all over the place!!!

The other night, for no reason, I was annoyed with everyone and everything. Then by bed time, I was perfectly fine and happy.

My tact-filter is also slipping away from me. Usually when I want to say something snippy, I just hold it in and the urge goes away. I have to try EXTREMELY hard to keep from saying some downright snotty things!

For example, my SIL is really getting on my nerves. Not only has she intimated in the past that I'm lazy ("Wow, Jade weeded the front garden. I'm impressed!") but recently she posted to my Facebook status (as I was complaining about my sinuses) saying, "Do you ever say anything positive about your well being??? icon_wink.gif"

Now, I really really really had to fight back with, "Do you ever say anything non-judgmental about me??"

And don't even get my started on the fact that DH hasn't really figured out that arguing with me or trying to logically talk to me during one of my swings is a BAD idea. You cannot logically argue with a pregnant woman in the middle of a mood swing!

This is going to be a long winter...lol

11 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

And don't even get my started on the fact that DH hasn't really figured out that arguing with me or trying to logically talk to me during one of my swings is a BAD idea. You cannot logically argue with a pregnant woman in the middle of a mood swing!

I'm sorry but all I could do was laught at this paragraph. I was pregnant for 18 out of the last 24 months, so I totally get where you're coming from. I had to straighten out my DH after he tried to "logically talk" to me about getting upset over something little. He got the point real quick icon_smile.gif

Hang in there. It's rough, but at least you are aware of it, so that you can take some precautions or remember to hold your tongue (which it sounds like you already have a few times LOL)

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 12

Hell, I'm not pregnant, and my mood swings were all over the place last week (was PMSing apparently.) I mean I woke up two mornings pretty much a thin thread away from bawling and before the day was over I was almost bubbly. And I work with all men, so I was trying to control my moods and not be a total b**** to everyone around me.

Gotta love being a woman!

And men, they will never understand female mood swings. It just isn't humanly possible!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 12

Now from what I am reading hear, ya'll are fairly young and are trying to control your tempers right?

Wait until you get to Menopause. You are not only all over the place with emotions, but you are up and down on the thermostat (mostly hot). It goes on for months.

It is all worth it because the older you get, you can voice your opinion about anything and chalk it up to senility. LOL

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:34am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

Now from what I am reading hear, ya'll are fairly young and are trying to control your tempers right?

Wait until you get to Menopause. You are not only all over the place with emotions, but you are up and down on the thermostat (mostly hot). It goes on for months.

It is all worth it because the older you get, you can voice your opinion about anything and chalk it up to senility. LOL

I have decided that I am a curmudgeon and proud of it! icon_biggrin.gif

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 5:14am
post #6 of 12

What my poor SIL went through. Oh it was just torture, only I could escape, and he was stuck there with her! lol. I kept telling the poor kid that its just the hormonal changes, and it will get better in a few months. When she was in her 9th month, he said okay, so now we have run out of months! She was just wicked!

emrldsky Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 1:53am
post #7 of 12

I think I'm going to work on that sweet-cutdown that many southern ladies have perfected. I figure it'll be wonderful when I'm obviously pregnant to just whip that out instead of just snapping people's heads off.

But today I had to roll up my car window before I yelled at another person, lol.

I work on a college campus and we have had a record year for pedestrian/bicycle vs. motor vehicle accidents around the campus. I mean, come on, they've hired crossing guards.

In a majority of the instances the pedestrian was cited for jaywalking. I guess when kids get to college they forget to look both ways before crossing streets. Oi.

Anyway, after dealing with the fact that I could barely get into my car because some idiot parked over the line, I start driving home. I turn the corner, onto a street, checking crosswalks and such to make sure I don't hit anyone (like a good driver, ya know?), only to have to hit my brakes because three morons decide to cross the road in front of me. Not at a crosswalk, not at an intersection, nope! I yelled out the window, "There's a crosswalk RIGHT THERE!" and pointed. It was literally, 15ft from where they had actually crossed the street.

Had I not been paying attention to my surroundings, I very well could have had a new hood ornament.

My tolerance for laziness, stupidity and pure selfishness is gone. GONE!

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:30am
post #8 of 12

Okay, all I have to say is WOW. I now look like this icon_eek.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:10am
post #9 of 12

girl.. we are going to have to make you license and when your hubby says something about your mood swing you can flash it at him... or anybody else for that matter..

License will read: Pregnant Woman..Shut and deal. Now go get me my damn ice cream.. NOW!!!

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

emrldsky Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:36pm
post #10 of 12

I know!!!! It's really bad! I'm usually really good about holding back my anger and things until more appropriate times (when I can get things out without going off on anyone).

I've been keeping my office door closed. I guess I need to keep my car windows rolled up too. Wonder if I can convince my boss that meetings are a big no-no, lol.

No wonder I avoid being around people right now...*snort*

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:27pm
post #11 of 12

icon_biggrin.gif
And as your countdown says, only 204 days to go!!!!!!

jmchao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmchao Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 3:43pm
post #12 of 12

I can only chuckle because I've been there! In fact, it was the total meltdown mood swings that led me to even take a pregnancy test when I found out I was expecting our daughter! I was horrible! Hubby was trying his hardest to be so sweet, kind, caring; even left me alone in the bedroom ALL DAY by myself because that's what I wanted, yet I spoke not a single syllable to him for about 3 days because I feared for him if I opened my mouth! I thought I was PMSing, but realized my mood(s) were completely off the charts bad even for PMS, and that I was still over a week away from my normal "day of moodiness". Yep-I was pregnant! I found out before I even missed my first period simply because of the terrible moodiness!

Hang in there...it doesn't last the whole pregnancy (didn't for me, anyhow). By the end of the first trimester, I felt like things had settled down and I was able to better control myself (either that, or I'd just gotten really good at biting my tongue and didn't notice it so much anymore icon_razz.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%