Cupcake Description Cards

Business By icingonthecupcake Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 2:13pm by EllieA

icingonthecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingonthecupcake Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:21am
post #1 of 12

Hi, Does anyone know of a place where I can order cupcake description cards for my cupcakes, you know the little sign that cupcakeries sometimes have with the specail name of the cupcake and small description of the flavors? I have been searching but haven't found anywhere that does something like this. Thank you for your help.

11 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:12am
post #2 of 12

We made our own using business cards (they come in a variety of colors, themes) from Staples. Then you can use your computer to make your own labels, complete with description. Then we laminated them. It's nice because you can always add another flavor and you can change the labels around the seasons/holidays.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:45am
post #3 of 12

We made our own too. If you have a computer, a printer and some card stock you are good to go.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 12

That's totally a DIY project.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 12

Yep, did it myself!

circleinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
circleinn Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 12

I use placecards that stand up by themselves like you would use for a wedding. They work great!

icingonthecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingonthecupcake Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:02am
post #7 of 12

ok, but how did everyone do it ? what program did you use?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:36am
post #8 of 12

We just used Microsoft Word, you can use the text box tool or just input the text directly in the Word document. Powerpoint would also work.

You can then print out the document on heavy card stock and cut out each placecard. A paper cutter and scorer like this would help make precise cuts and scores for folding:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NUX180/?tag=cakecentral-20

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:38am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkraft

We just used Microsoft Word, you can use the text box tool or just input the text directly in the Word document. Powerpoint would also work.

You can then print out the document on heavy card stock and cut out each placecard. A paper cutter and scorer like this would help make precise cuts and scores for folding:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NUX180/?tag=cakecentral-20

Ditto what jasonkraft said exactly.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:45pm
post #10 of 12

I do mine in calligraphy. Total printing cost: $0

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:49pm
post #11 of 12

Like everyone is saying DIY. I use Print Shop Deluxe 23. Absolutely love that program. And it is super cheap too.

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:13pm
post #12 of 12

I know this wonderful lady who is a genius at calligraphy - and cheap too! pm me if you would like her contact information. Once you have the words, you can reproduce them yourself 1000 times over. And if you want interesting fonts, google fonts and you can download free fonts from many sites! I like power point myself. However, since I own both, I prefer my Mac because "Once you go Mac, you never go back!" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif They have the best program for stuff like this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%