Strawberry-Banana Creme Cake Filling

Baking By KyrasMommyJenn Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 4:01pm by All4Show

KyrasMommyJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KyrasMommyJenn Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 7

I am new to cakeCentral so please forgive my lack of experiemce here.

I am in need of a recipe for a cake filling. My client has requested a strawberry-banana creme filling in her cake and I have never made that filling before and can not find one. If someone has one and would be so kind to share it with me I would be forever grateful as the cake is due to be delivered next Saturday- Sept 18th.

Thank you
KyrasMommyJenn

6 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome to CC! You can make banana buttercream with either banana extract or Lorann's banana cream oil flavor; a layer of that and a layer of strawberry fruit filling on top of the bc. You can use the sleeve, strawberry perserves or make your own using one of the awesome recipes from this site. hth

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 7

maybe you could make a banana cream filling and then fold in some strawberries? Recipe: 1 pkg. instant banana pudding, 1 ripe banana(mashed) 1 c. milk , 2 T. rum and 8 oz. Cool Whip. Mix all ingredients but Cool Whip in food processor until thick and smooth. At this point I would fold in some strawberries and then fold in your cool whip and chill. It would have to be refrigerated because of the coolwhip, but if you have access to Bettercream or pastry pride you could use those and it wouldn't have to be.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 7

You can also add cream cheese (8 oz.) to your bc with the banana flavor and have banana cream cheese bc. As long as your bc has 4-5 cups of confectioners sugar it will not require refrigeration.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 7

Oh, you're not that new here. We can see that you came aboard in May. And it's so nice to see you out here on the boards! Welcome!

Honestly, I've never heard of a strawberry banana cream filling, only strawberry filling with sliced bananas or vice-versa, or just fresh slices of each.

Looks like we're going to have to invent one.

I'm thinking strawberry mousse mix with small cubes of banana mixed in.
And then, there's always experimentation with a stabilized whipped cream flavored with extracts.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KyrasMommyJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KyrasMommyJenn Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone your info and suggestions they are greatly appreciated. I will not be able to refrigerate the cake unfortunately I was thinking of doing a thin layer of Buttercream and then adding fresh strawberry slices and fresh banana slices over it or into because I do not want to make the cake to heavy. But was having a hard time figuring out how to keep the bananas from browning and strawberrys from wiliting between the layers as it has a very detailed deco design which will take me a while to do.

So many options to chose from now.

You guys are great.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:01pm
post #7 of 7

Soak the fruit in some lemon juice before you fill the cake and see if that doesn't help with the browning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%