Canthus Leaf Mold Where To Buy?

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 2:36am by costumeczar

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am on a quest to buy a great canthus mold. Any ideas?
You can see a result of the mold on the Sept preview cover of Cake Central mag and you have probably seen it in Kerry Vincent's book. But I cant find anyone carrying it surprisingly.

4 replies
mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 5

If you go to the chef rubber web site , they have them . They call them medium Fancy leaf. Just type in the search box. Hope this helps.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 5

The mold at Chef Rubber was the only food grade mold I could find for an acanthus leaf.

http://www.shopchefrubber.com/product.php?productid=12824&cat=1448&page=1

Rae

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 5

thats it! oh thanks!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 5

uh oh...When that MS magazine came out a long time ago I hunted down the lady who made those molds. She sounded older (I don't know how old) but she said that she had bought the rights to make the molds from a guy who had been doing them for years and years when he retired, and that she'd been making them for a long time and selling them at craft fairs. When MS used it she said that she'd bee swamped with orders for them. She was really nice, but I think that she had some health problems. I have a bunch of them and have been giving them away as giveaways on my blog, but I've kind of wondered about whether she was still making them and if she was still doing okay. I hope that she sold the rights to chef rubber, made a ton of money and retired herself, and that she didn't die and that's how they got to make them! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%