So Happy!! Made Mff For The 2Nd Time And It Is Perfect!!!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 1:18am by tigerhawk83

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 12

The first time I made it, I didn't let the mixture cool enough before adding it to the sugar. This time, I bought a probe thermometer and let it cool to right about 95 degrees. I also added the white chocolate and it's even better than MMF in my opinion! (can you tell I'm happy) icon_lol.gif

11 replies
TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:07am
post #2 of 12

CONGRATS! It's such a great feeling when something goes right! icon_smile.gif

vanki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanki Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:08am
post #3 of 12

I've been thinking about trying MFF soon. I've only ever used MMF and have been pretty pleased however sometimes it can be tempermental! Now you really make me want to give it a try!

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:38am
post #4 of 12

What is MFF, and how much white chocolate do you add when you make it?

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:03am
post #5 of 12

Yes, wondering about MFF also. Thanks for the info. Love working with MMF.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:17am
post #6 of 12

i don't remember having to cool anything...what do you mean by this icon_confused.gif

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:20am
post #7 of 12

MFF stands for Michelle Foster's Fondant & it IS wonderful to use! It is in the recipe section.

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks!!!!!! Going to check it out now. icon_wink.gif

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 12

You have to let the liquid mixture cool after you take it off the double boiler because if the corn syrup and glycerin mixture is too warm, it will melt the powdered sugar when you begin mixing it in and throw off the entire batch. The melted sugar will leave you will a sticky mess that will require a lot of extra powdered sugar to be worked in that changes the fondant all together.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:58am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreats

You have to let the liquid mixture cool after you take it off the double boiler because if the corn syrup and glycerin mixture is too warm, it will melt the powdered sugar when you begin mixing it in and throw off the entire batch. The melted sugar will leave you will a sticky mess that will require a lot of extra powdered sugar to be worked in that changes the fondant all together.

thanks thumbs_up.gif i was thinking that read MMF icon_wink.gif

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:27am
post #11 of 12

MFF is the bomb!

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:18am
post #12 of 12

The candy thermometer is the key - I use one too and usually use about 95 degrees also. I'm also very careful to strain the syrup as Michele suggests, and let the fondant rest overnight before trying to use it. I usually heat my syrup mix on the stove rather than in the microwave - I've had sticky boil-overs in the microwave but never on the stovetop. But whatever works is good icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%