Tracing Patterns On Gumpaste Or Fondant

Decorating By Tyashoe Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 2:35pm by TexasSugar

Tyashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tyashoe Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 3:38am
post #1 of 3

Can anyone tell me if there is some way to transfer drawings onto a cake, gumpaste or fondant, using some type or form of "tracing paper- like" material? Any ideas welcome!

2 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 3

One method is placing the drawing on the cake and trace it out by pricking holes with a stick pin.

Then there is the fbct (frozen buttercream transfer). There's a tutorial on this under articles.

Welcome to CC!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 3

Take a piece of plexiglass or the glass out of a picture frame (tape over the edges so you don't cut yourself) and lay that over the image you want to transfer. Using a small tip pipe the design onto the plexiglass/glass with royal icing. Let that dry. Once try you can then use that to imprint soft fondant or gumpaste.

Also at the convention, someone (can't remember who) talked about making edible carbon paper but spreading melted chocolate on to a piece of parchment paper, letting it cool, then tracing over it on to the fondant/gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%