Sugarshack Buttercream - Cream Cheese Version?

Baking By puzzlegut Updated 25 Jun 2011 , 9:42pm by ConfectionsCC

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 1:37am
post #1 of 5

I've been using the Sugarshack buttercream 4.5qt. recipe and everybody really enjoys it. I plan on making some cupcakes this week (carrot cupcakes and banana nut cupcakes) and would like to see if I could make a cream cheese version of her recipe. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert this recipe? Also will the cupcakes need to be refrigerated if I frost them the night before they are going to be eaten.

4 replies
stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry Puzzlegut as I dont know the answers to your question but I am curious too. Hopefully someone who know will chime in soon. I am making Sugarshacks buttercream for the first time this week and I would love a cream cheese version of it as well as I find the regular cream cheese recipes too rich.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:50am
post #3 of 5

Have you gone to Edna's website? She has a good crusting cream cheese frosting recipe.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

Did you all ever find out if Sugar shack has a cream cheese version of her buttercream? I'm also looking for one.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

Have you gone to Edna's website? She has a good crusting cream cheese frosting recipe.

Ditto, Ednas is wonderful! It wont cover the top of the paddle to be air free though..so double it and it should fill it perfectly! I use Edna's cream cheese, but Sugarshacks regular BC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%