Falling Cupcake Liners

Baking By margeann Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm by metria

margeann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margeann Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:36am
post #1 of 8

icon_sad.gif Is anyone experiencing a problem with cupcake liners falling away from the cupcakes, once they have cooled down? Several of my students had this problem and the local cake shop is having the same problem. All are using different brands of cake mixes and different brands of liners, yet they are all having the same problem. I call D.H. today and they said they have not changed their formula, so I am thinking the liners are being made with a cheaper material. Anyone else having this problem?

7 replies
Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:10am
post #2 of 8

Yes!!!!!! especially the minis. It drives my bonkers! I have gotten all kinds of opinions about why but I have not changed anything in my baking so I really wonder.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 8

could humidity have something to do with it? I never noticed mine doing that until this summer... major humidity most of the summer here in Ohio.
It helped when I made sure the central air was on, started baking at 325 instead of 350, and I only use Reynolds white liners. If I want to jazz it up a bit, I put the baked cupcake inside a colored liner when I decorate.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 8
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 8

MariaK38...I've done that, placed the colored cupcake liner into the baked cupcake and yet there are always gaping areas where it pulls away from the sides of the real cupcake and it doesn't look good. I've also had major problems with liners pulling away.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 8

I understand, Malakin. It's so frustrating! There's so many things beyond our control with these liners. Using the Reynolds white and baking at 325 has definitely helped me, but there always seems to be a few that pull away. I've also found that it helps to make sure I fill them a smidge more so that it bakes to the top or a little over. But it's difficult, because I don't want them to bake too much over.
Good luck... maybe it will be better once all this crazy humidity calms down!

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 8

Having the same problem. Found it was mostly the colored or printed ones. When I use just plain liners, they seem to do ok. Don't know what is up with them.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

i really hate the wilton white paper liners ... they always do that to me, but the reynold's brand doesn't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%