Ganache Unrefrigerated????

Decorating By mj812 Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 4:13pm by GI

mj812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mj812 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I've got a wedding cake for the weekend and I'm trying to figure out delivery times and realized it has milk chocolate ganache filling. The cake is covered with fondant. The cake will be in a/c after I take it out of the fridge in the shop and during transport and after we set it up at the Marriott. My question is does anyone know how long it is safe to have ganache out of the fridge? I worry about the cream.

Many thanks!!

MJ icon_smile.gif

4 replies
glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 5

There was a long thread on this, and from what I concluded is that it is perfectly safe at room temp for long periods of time. Something about how the sugar and cream react to neutralize any problem with milk going bad... hope this helps

mj812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mj812 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 5

Would 8 - 10 hours be unreasonable? I'm never very good at finding old threads unfortunately. I guess I'm hoping as well that the fondant will be an insulator and the a/c will help. Still, I want to be sure it will be o.k. Does anyone have any specifics about length of time?

Thanks very much,

MJ

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 5

The ganache will hold up just fine for that length of time. I have let ganache sit out at room temperature for a few days with absolutely no problems. If you are refrigerating the cake before taking it to the venue, the cold cake will hold up for a long time.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

Ive left it out. It will be fine. The cooked milk is COOKED and the sugar in the chocolate stabilizes it. If you are truly TRULY concerned, you can add a touch of liquor or Vanilla to it...alcohol will make it sterile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%