Viva Paper Towels

Decorating By Colliegirl Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 2:47am by vickymacd

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 7:37am
post #1 of 7

I thought I would try and use the Viva paper towels, that a few have favoured, unfortunately the only viva paper towels we have in Australia are rippled paper towels and I don't think that they are what you guys use. Does anyone know what they may be called in Australia? Much appreciated! Otherwise I may have to order from the States and get them posted out here. Arggghhh icon_cry.gif

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 11:55am
post #2 of 7

I wouldn't have a clue as to what they are called in Australia. But you could also use a piece of cotton fabric, i would use white with no print.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 7

You can also use plain copy/printer paper or parchment paper. I use the copy paper all the time.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliegirl

I thought I would try and use the Viva paper towels, that a few have favoured, unfortunately the only viva paper towels we have in Australia are rippled paper towels and I don't think that they are what you guys use. Does anyone know what they may be called in Australia? Much appreciated! Otherwise I may have to order from the States and get them posted out here. Arggghhh icon_cry.gif

It doesn't have to be Viva -
Have alook for the *Handy* paper towell - or another brand.
Some are thicker than others - i use the Handy to smooth over my Ganache - you can buy that without a patten on it.

Bluehue.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 7

I agee, we are spoiled by the plain Viva, but I have also used the plain fabric and printer paper. I have also used parchment paper as well. Any smooth surface. Paper towels bends and molds easier than paper, thus the reason for everyone liking it. Any smooth product will work.

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much for all your input. I shall get the handy towel and see if that works otherwise I shall get the plain material. I thought I heard from people that the parchment paper sticks to the buttercream. cheers Tina

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:47am
post #7 of 7

All of it will stick if the buttercream hasn't crusted yet. Then if you press too hard and get the soft buttercream, it'll stick as well. You have to use a light touch!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%