Air Brushing

Decorating By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 11:25pm by amyoungbl00d5

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hi I am still new at cake decorating. I realize after a few of the cakes I have done that I really need to get an airbrush ..so my cakes look clean.

My question is...Is there a certain brand or model that is better than another? Are the hard to use? Is there a certain kind of color you use in them? Any tips on how to use one? And Where did you buy your airbrush?

I know too many questions...but the truth is I am clueless about this and am about to purchase one...and I want to get the best price and best equipment. I want to make sure I am making a wise investment! Any wisdom given will be appreciated!!! Thank You! icon_wink.gif

4 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure of the brand name but the machine is a little orange thing with a single knob on the front. It's small and very quiet.

qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 5

I bought a Pegasus model from the ICES show and it's awesome...I paid about $99 with the "brush"

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 5

I have an airmaster by Kopykake..I love it!! You use airbrush only colors and most cake decorating companies make their own line of colors like Americolor or chefmaster.You should only use them as watering down gel pastes etc can clog the airbrush.I bought mine right from Kopykake.It depends on who you talk to...everyone has their own preference of brand etc.They takes a while to get used too but the result is awesome!!

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks So Much for your input...I have been looking at different brands but wasn't really sure what to look for. I can't wait to get mine. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%