Where To Find A Toddler Bed Tent

Lounge By Rachie204 Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 2:38am by julzs71

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 11

So I am looking for a bed tent to fit a toddler sized bed...not a twin sized bed. I am having no luck...can anyone help me?

10 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 11

I couldn't find one when I looked either...I think maybe they don't make them because there's more risk of smaller kids getting tangled up or somehow getting injured.

I bought a leaf canopy at Ikea that covers half of the twin bed...I bet it would cover almost all of a toddler bed. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60054636 It's much cuter than it looks on their website...I had made up a shopping list before we went, and the leaf canopy wasn't on my list, but it was so adorable in the store that we had to have it.

Rachie204 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 11

thanks texas-rose....That is something to consider if i can't find one. I am just trying to find something that will make my daughter prefer to sleep in her toddler bed over the floor.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 11

Can you buy a toddler bed canopy separate from the bed? It's not a tent, but you could maybe find a princess theme or something to entice her. *shrug* I always wanted a canopy bed, but never got one, lol.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 11

Oh, if it's for a girl, what about the net kind? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016WECN2/?tag=cakecentral-20

I used those with both of my girls' toddler beds and they loved them. If you worry about it hanging down in her face when she's sleeping, you can thumbtack parts of it to the wall so that it drapes over the bed but has room for her to sit up in bed without it being in her face.

It may not make her prefer the bed over the floor though. Sometimes toddlers are funny that way...the more it matters to you, the less they're willing to cooperate.

I can't get my 5 year old to sleep in her own bed. She has a beach theme bedroom (her choice), the leaf canopy, furry comforter and pillows, everything she said she wanted...and she sleeps every night in her big sister's bed. I ended up buying a full-size bed for my older daughter so there would be room for both of them.

Rachie204 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 11

entice......yes that is my plan....lol

I will look for a canopy. And I do like the net idea also. Honestly her favorite things in the world are spongebob and snakes! LOL She is 20 months old with a beautiful ladybug themed room. I hate to do it, but I am thinking about breaking down and maybe buying a spongebob toddler bedding set! UHHH maybe she will go for the canopy or netting thing. Heck at this point I would love for her to sleep in her brothers bed!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 12:09am
post #7 of 11

Is she getting up in the middle of the night? If not, then I really wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as she is staying in her room and SHE is comfortable then I wouldn't stress about it so much. You don't want it to turn into a battle of wills.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:57am
post #8 of 11

I see you're in Georgia. Are you near Atlanta? If so, Ikea has a really cute big green leaf that hangs over a toddler bed that would look great with a ladybug on it! icon_wink.gif

Joan

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60054636

Sorry- I just read the rest of the posts and see someone suggested the Ikea leaf already.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:48pm
post #9 of 11

Ikea also has a "tent" kinda thing that goes over a toddler bed, but it's blue. You can find it in the kid section.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 12:41am
post #10 of 11

I came across this today and remembered you were looking for something like this. Hope this is what you had in mind.

http://www.lakeside.com/Disney-Kids-Play-Tents/details.asp?I=LKY&N=36&Nao=162&R=897464012LKY4

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%