Need Quick Answer About Cake Mix Extender

Baking By irisinbloom Updated 2 Sep 2005 , 5:32pm by NottawaChelle

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 7

Could someone tell me pretty quick as I have already started my mixing, on the cake mix extender in the recipe section here where it says 1 cup flour is this plain or self-rising. Don't mean to sound stup but I don't want to mess this up and it is the first time I have tryed this recipe. Thanksicon_smile.gif

6 replies
NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 7

I used plain white flour (called all-purpose here on Canada) and it worked just fine.

irisinbloom Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 7

Thanksicon_smile.gif

irisinbloom Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 12:24am
post #4 of 7

NottawaChelle, thanks for your reply again, I just took the cake out of the oven and oh my gosh it smells wonderful and looks great. I used the paper towel to level and it did great. If this cake taste as good as it smells and looks I will be hooked, and it was just the right amount of batter for my 9x13 panicon_smile.gif

NottawaChelle Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 12:26am
post #5 of 7

Glad I was on-line just after you posted your question so I could be of help.
You're very welcome!

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 7

I am sorry to sound stupid, but could you tell me how you leveled the cake with a paper towel? Thanks, Keli

NottawaChelle Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 7

Keli,
Some people use Viva paper towels to smooth their buttercream icing to a lovely, perfectly smooth finish. If you go to the "How Do I?" forum and use Viva in the search you'll find good instructions there. I haven't tried it so can't offer any suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%