Favor Tags

Baking By princesscatt Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm by KHalstead

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:28am
post #1 of 21

I am selling my cookies at a vendor show and I would like to put them in sealed bags with nice paper tags that say thank you instead of just bagging them and tying them with a ribbon. Has anyone done this and if so what do you use for the paper?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cookie+favors&form=QBIL&qs=n&sk=&sc=6-13#focal=432f6072e3a62c127b16f37697bd0894&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fimage64.webshots.com%2F564%2F8%2F17%2F40%2F2166817400076956197HDDhYp_ph.jpg

20 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:34am
post #2 of 21

I seal my cookie bags and then use scrapbooking papers (sometimes a couple layers of different color) and decorative edged scissors, etc. to decorate the cookie packages. My customers really love the look of it. I've also punched holes with a small hole punch and added ribbon bows to them. Depends on the design of the cookies really.

HTH

princesscatt Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:19am
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I seal my cookie bags and then use scrapbooking papers (sometimes a couple layers of different color) and decorative edged scissors, etc. to decorate the cookie packages. My customers really love the look of it. I've also punched holes with a small hole punch and added ribbon bows to them. Depends on the design of the cookies really.

HTH

Can you buy the paper pre cut or do i have to cut the squares myself? I have no clue when it comes to scrapbooking..

Thanks.

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:23am
post #4 of 21

I use scrapbook paper with a punch cutter in a pretty decorative rectangle. I then have a stamp I use on one side and then a message on the other. The stamp matches my company 'theme'.

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #5 of 21

SUPER EASY!!!

Scrapbooking store or any craft store...even an Office Supply house will sell Cardstock in various colors. You can print up the thank you with your logo and then cut with a scallop scissor, also available at scrapbooking, craft or even Walmart/Target stores.

Have fun if you go to a scrapbooking store. I don't scrapbook but I can walk around for hours getting ideas for cakes!!!

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 11:40am
post #6 of 21

I did those using my Cricut Machine and I've designed it in Photoshop.
I've used Make the Cut..

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 11:46am
post #7 of 21

VERY pretty, Verono!

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm
post #8 of 21

You can also get edge punches at craft stores in the scrapbook area. They punch along the edge of your paper and come in many designs.

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

I did those using my Machine and I've designed it in Photoshop.
I've used Make the Cut..

Just wanted to know, where did you purchase the bags that you put your cookies in? Lovely design...

Thanks

KHalstead Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:48pm
post #10 of 21

I cut the scrapbooking paper myself........generally the cookie bags are either 2", 3", or 4" wide that I use and the papers come in 12"x12" pieces so I can get anywhere from 6-36 cookie tags out of 1 sheet of scrapbooking paper. I buy the papers individually from AC Moore and they're never more than $1/sheet. I use one of those paper cutters that has measurements on it and you put the paper on it, fold down a clear ruler that holds the paper in place and then slide a blade up the ruler and it makes a perfectly clean and STRAIGHT cut everytime. I paid $7.99 for the cutter at wal-mart but if you get a coupon for AC Moore you can get it for like $5.

Here are some cookies I've done with the scrapbooking papers.......for some reason I couldn't attach photos last night!

KHalstead Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 21

ohhhhhh........it's not letting me attach photos again!

I'll just add links for a couple photos:

These were done using those circle garage sale stickers and I colored them in with a sharpie

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5092156

These are before I thought to put an extra piece of different colored paper to cover the staples lol

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5092159

These are after I figured out I should add an extra piece of paper to hide the staples (I use double stick tape to adhere the extra piece of paper)

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/apps/photos/photo?photoid=69562513

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:58pm
post #12 of 21

are you punching the holes in the bag(i know it's a silly question) and tying the paper and ribbon through the bag? how do the cookies stay fresh?

KHalstead Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:16pm
post #13 of 21

I do punch the holes through the paper tag, but the actual cookie bag is sealed and then just the edge of the sealed bag is slipped inside the paper, so the bag doesn't go all the way to the top of the paper (hope that makes sense) so there is no concern about puncturing the bags when punching the holes. I've also just attached ribbons with a dab of glue but I feel like they're more secure when they're actually tied on.

sweetpea223 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:25pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

........generally the cookie bags are either 2", 3", or 4" wide ...

So you get the cookie bags from AC Moore too?

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:28pm
post #15 of 21

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I'm folding the top of the bag, and then I staple my tag over it... And then glue my bow.. And on the back, there's the list for the ingredients.. so you can't the the staple icon_smile.gif

And sweetpea223, I'm buying them from a local supplier in Montréal.. Those bags are very small... like 2.75"X2" and 5" high.. But they are soooo cute for kids birthday!

sweetpea223 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:34pm
post #16 of 21

I know....that's why I'd like to know where you get them.

I did some chocolate covered oreos recently and couldn't find the right bag...ended up ordering glasssine bags and still had to use a cellophane bag so that the chocolate won't end up in the glassine bags! I searched high and low for bags like that...not too big and not too small....

Thanks.

princesscatt Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm
post #17 of 21

WOW ladies...thanks for all the great info. I did stop at Michael's on my lunch hour today(any excuse to listen to my Twilight book in the car!) and I bought some really cool glittery card stock that I plan on cutting to size..once I order the bags. Do any of you use the bags that seal? or can you use a regular treat bag from the craft store?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 11:50am
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscatt

WOW ladies...thanks for all the great info. I did stop at Michael's on my lunch hour today(any excuse to listen to my Twilight book in the car!) and I bought some really cool glittery card stock that I plan on cutting to size..once I order the bags. Do any of you use the bags that seal? or can you use a regular treat bag from the craft store?

I just use the regular treat bags, folded at the top, then attach the tag. Be sure to post pictures when you're done!

princesscatt Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:37pm
post #19 of 21

Definitely!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 1:55pm
post #20 of 21

Such gorgeous examples! On this end, for cookies for special themed parties, I like to create my artwork on the computer, print it out on white cardstock, trim and then attach it.

KHalstead Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm
post #21 of 21

I get my bags at AC Moore sweetpea...yes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%