Help With Fondant And Wires...

Decorating By MandiJ Updated 24 Aug 2010 , 10:16am by peg818

MandiJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandiJ Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 4

Hello, I am making a Littlest Pet Shop Cake for a friend of mine's little girl and I have a question.
It is a pool party so I am wanting to make a umbrella on the very top tier that looks like it is dripping water...similar to what you see at a water park but instead of a sheet of water, maybe like drips of water...although I wouldn't be opposed to the sheet of water look if you have any ideas on how to pull that off.

Would you use RKT to make the umbrella or would you use fondnat? I was thinking on the drips of water, I would use wire and make fondant drops of water on it. If I did this, what gauge wire do you use for something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, MandiJ

3 replies
mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a tutorial for a gumpaste umbrella (scroll down).

HTH icon_smile.gif

MandiJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandiJ Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 4

Awesome!! Thank you so very much!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 10:16am
post #4 of 4

for the drops of water, what if you laid down thread or fishing line, and the did the drops of water out of gelatin on that then the water would have movement like real water, and would look more like water then fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%