? Cutter And Veiner For Tulips

Decorating By karateka Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm by Goldberry

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 4

I have to make some tulips. The regular ol' tulips you find a lot of around, not those fancy parrot ones.

Anyone have any idea what cutter/veiner set to buy? I do have a cutter from the Wilton gumpaste flower set...not sure how I feel about it (it's plastic), and have no veiners.

There seems to be several types on GSA...if any of you have a set you like please let me know what it is.

I'd really like these to look accurate and pretty.

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 4

i like sunflower sugarart's cutter/veiner sets. Global carries them. You most likely would want an american tulip or a holland tulip.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 4

The viener I have is from Squire's Kitchen I think. Not sure where the cutter came from. Got it last year at the convention.

Goldberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goldberry Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 4

Squires do really good veiners - they are called Great Impressions. I have loads,but then again I live only 10 miles from the shop. If you don;t want to buy a vener you can use corn on the cob as a veiner and alarge spoon as the shaper. It works wonders and looks just as good without the expense of lots of different veiners


Quote by @%username% on %date%