Cream Cheese Frosting/filling Under Fondant?

Decorating By divinecc Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm by divinecc

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

Can fondant be put on top of cream cheese frosting (non crusting) basically just butter, cream cheese, pwd sugar and lemon juice. I know things like bettercreme or pastry pride can't be used. I will have to put the cake in the fridge to keep cool because of the cream cheese but I guess I will just risk the fondant getting condensation. I do not want to use the stable cream cheese frosting that is out there because he wanted the cream cheese to be pretty dominant in taste, thanks a million!

6 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, I do it frequently. Where are you located? The issues with condensation on fondant after fridging are humidity related, so Alaska good, Florida bad icon_smile.gif

divinecc Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 7

I live in Utah, it's not very humid but it is hot right now icon_smile.gif Hopefully it will be okay! Thanks for your quick response it is much appreciated

d925marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d925marie Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 7

I've done it once, and it basically made my fondant wither and melt. It was really strange. This was the only time that has happened to me. The cake was a 2 tier cake, and the only tier it happened to was the one frosted with cream cheese icing.

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 7

I made a 2 tier cake just a week ago with cream cheese icing and covered it in fondant. I kept it in the fridge until about an hour or so before it was served. Had no problems!

ChucKles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChucKles Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 10:05am
post #6 of 7

I've done it before and it turned out fine, it was a 39 degree (celcius) day and it was both hot and humid.

When the cake is taken out of the fridge just make sure not to touch it, it will 'sweat' but dont panic that will disappear icon_wink.gif

divinecc Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 7

Great! Thanks for everyone's help, I made it last night and the fondant looks wonderful still icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%