Shampoo For Kids With Curly Hair???

Lounge By campayven Updated 22 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm by Dayti

campayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campayven Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:25am
post #1 of 4

My daughter has very fine yet very curly cork screw hair. Her hair is very fine yet thick. She is white(so you know what type of hair she has). I was wondering if anyone can specify a good shampoo and conditioner (made for kids) that is for curly hair. I know Johnson and Johnson came out with a shampoo for curly hair but it seems to make her hair feel brittle. I use my adult curly hair products on her hair quite often- I also use the conditioner that comes with my shampoo and her hair responds great to that. I use the CHI brand. It doesnt matter if I have to order online- we ae overseas- we have to pretty much order everything.

3 replies
kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 4

Both of my daughters have the same type of hair...super thick and curly... and we have had really good luck with the Dove brand of shampoo and conditioners. I don't think it is made specifically for curly hair/children, but both of my girls say it makes their hair feel really soft and doesn't frizz their hair.

My oldest daughter's hair is so curly, everyone always asks her "Where did you get your perm done - it's so good".. and he always just smiles and says "It's natural".. and then their response is always the same "You are so lucky" icon_razz.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 4

I use Pert Plus for my daughter's hair, then we put Aussie 3-minute miracle on it, and clip her hair back and let it sit for a while. Then we comb it out. Then we use a detangler spray on it. Quite the process. I want to chop it off into a bob, but dd freaks every time I try to discuss it with her.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 4

You can have a look at http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/ or http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/ for excellent advice on curly hair management, for adults and kids. Most will try to convince you that you do not need shampoo, only conditioner, for curly hair, and to also especially avoid products with silicones or anything that ends in -cone and parabens. This is what I do and my curly hair has changed completely for the better.
Have a look around those sites, and see what they say. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%