Cupcake And Cake Tower

Baking By akilia Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm by cupcakeology

akilia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akilia Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a wedding cake and the bride just changed her mind and wants a cake and cupcake combo. She wants the bottom tier to be a large square cake and then 3 tiers of cupcakes on square separators and then another square cake on top of that. I get how to make the square cupcake tower, but how do I start with the bottom tier as cake? If anyone has any ideas, or knows of any pictures on cc with this already done please let me know! I have 3 weeks left, she is a good friend and I could not tell her no with out doing some investigating first.[/b]

3 replies
cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 4

I've never seen it done before and to be honest I don't think it would look right. You're going to have to set it up with separator plates and the tall pillars, but I don't know if they'd hold hold up without the cake to grab into on the 3 center tiers, which would just hold cupcakes. You'd also have to disassemble the entire thing to cut the bottom square cake. I don't know if that set up would even work.

akilia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akilia Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 4

Well she really wants a cupcake tower, but wants a cake on the bottom so they can still cut the cake for the cake cutting part and pictures.

cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 4

Why wouldn't just the cutting cake on the top tier work for that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%