Fabulous Cakes - ? About City Cakes

Business By Motta Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 3:56pm by luvbuttercream

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 16

I noticed that they had two stand mixers on their counter but no large capacity mixers eg. 20 quart. I think I saw a commercial oven and definitely they have lots of storage with cake tools/fondant. Can anyone confirm if they use only those 2 mixers to produce their cakes?? They must make small batches if they do.

It just gives me some hope that I can save some money and buy big mixers later. I have a 7 quart and a 5 quart right now. All I would really need is the oven and the 3 part sink and a handsink.

p.s. the owners of City Cakes are easy on the eyes, aren't they? icon_wink.gif

15 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motta

p.s. the owners of City Cakes are easy on the eyes, aren't they? icon_wink.gif

That they are...I didn't even notice the mixers icon_lol.gif .

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 16

Motta............... heck ya..... giddie up city boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:04am
post #4 of 16

Oh Motta ~ I just finished cleaning off my keyboard and now I have
to clean the droooooooool off again!!!! icon_lol.gif

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #5 of 16

icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif Awwww you gals are silly LOL

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:48am
post #6 of 16

I agree! icon_wink.gif I was just on their website they do amazing things!! If that is with just two average size stand mixers then wow! That is encouraging!

Motta Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:36am
post #7 of 16

I see we all have impeccable taste in men! Now do they need an intern??? Although something tells me they wouldn't much notice me after all....

luvbuttercream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:37am
post #8 of 16

Motta: Just curious where in Alberta are you? I don't see many people from my neck of the woods on here.

The_Caketress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Caketress Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:06am
post #9 of 16

Didn't even notice but if they more about quality than quantity than they wouldn't need a larger mixer than that.

luvbuttercream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #10 of 16

Lori_hutchcakes : MY GOODNESS YOU ARE INCREDIBLY TALENTED!! I nearly cried looking at your beautiful creations on your blog and website. You are inspirational!!

Motta Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:30am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuttercream

Motta: Just curious where in Alberta are you? I don't see many people from my neck of the woods on here.

I live just outside of Edmonton, in Sherwood Park. I hope you'll be attending the DOS in September in Edmonton...it would be nice to meet up!

luvbuttercream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:33am
post #12 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

I live just outside of Edmonton, in Sherwood Park. I hope you'll be attending the DOS in September in Edmonton...it would be nice to meet up!

I am really hoping too I have my BIL's wedding the weekend after I have to make 200 cupcakes and a cake all with sugar flowers... So if I can make them awhile ahead of time I will be there.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:39pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:

I see we all have impeccable taste in men! Now do they need an intern??? Although something tells me they wouldn't much notice me after all....

Motta, I don't think we're their type...but it doesn't matter...eye candy is eye candy icon_wink.gif!

Motta Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:11am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Quote:

Motta, I don't think we're their type...but it doesn't matter...eye candy is eye candy icon_wink.gif!

Yup. The story of my life right there. icon_lol.gif

cakeorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeorate Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:13pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am really hoping too I have my BIL's wedding the weekend after I have to make 200 cupcakes and a cake all with sugar flowers... So if I can make them awhile ahead of time I will be there.

I live in Edmonton and I am curious about this DOS in September... Exactly what is this? And where? thanks!

luvbuttercream Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:56pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeorate

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I live in Edmonton and I am curious about this DOS in September... Exactly what is this? And where? thanks!

You can find all the info here as well as who to talk to to get more info:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-668634.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%