Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 11:42am
post #31 of 49

Hahahahahaha!!!!

I think he was having you on, doramoreno icon_cool.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 8:27pm
post #32 of 49

The Diva isn't messy at all. I never boil mine either....grosses me out to bring it in the kitchen. I wash it with hot soapy water, air dry, then use alcohol and wipe it out at the end of my cycle. I didn't pay $30 for mine either. If you google it, there are tons of site that sell them, and you are sure to find a better deal than buying from their website.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 4:53am
post #33 of 49

hey Jen80, I seriously don't think her knew what it really was. He was Verrry old!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:38pm
post #34 of 49

my best friends brother owns a plumbing company....they call tampons "sewer rats"...i know cause he told me that when i called them out to unclog my pipes.

he said it was filled with sewer rats.....at first i thought that rodents got in there....till he said "you know those things ladies use.....mortified.....it was so bad they had to dig.

he said plumbers deal with it all the time

20 year flusher...10 year tosser

Luffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luffie Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 9:31am
post #35 of 49

I used to flush until my mortification. Early in our marriage my hubby ended up spending a few hours trying to unclog our potty...thank goodness he is handy and loves me "baby, can you please put your cigars (our code word) in the garbage, that caused the issue"...I've been garbaging them ever since.

At our cottage we have a little sign in the washroom that says "With the exception of white toilet paper, if you didn't eat or drink it, please don't flush it.

My brother-in-law enjoys the company of many different women, some very smart, some not so much - and he likes to bring them to our cottage to visit. One not so bright said to me "uh I have my period and I noticed the sign in the bathroom, so as long as it's white tampons I can flush them?"

My response "Only if you are willing to eat it first"...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:00pm
post #36 of 49

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:18pm
post #37 of 49

In this entire thread, I'm still left with the question that if tampons are ALWAYS bad to flush, if plumbers tell women "oh you must NEVER flush those!", then why do many of us share that we've NEVER had a problem? Why has it never been a question about flushing these suckers right down the drain for us?

I have a problem saying tampons ALWAYS clog a toilet system. I say it depends on the quality of the septic/sewer system. Because I've NEVER had an issue ...... in over 30 years. Never been a question. Never been a problem.

I mean geesh, kids have put too much toilet paper in the toilet and clogged it up once or twice but we don't tell them not to flush toilet paper! icon_confused.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:09pm
post #38 of 49

It's the plumbing; some can handle flushing them, some can't.
Better to be safe than sorry, especially if your area has problems.

Pacific Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pacific Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:47pm
post #39 of 49

During my many years - I always flushed tampon, I began to have allergic reactions to them and was forced to use pads, had to wrap them and toss them in the trash so I don't see the difference between doing the same with a tampon. What kills me is women who try to flush pads. Seen, had to clean it up. DUH!
The only place I would never flush is on a septic, boat, trailer as even using too much TP bungs them up.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 10:19pm
post #40 of 49

I used to flush them, but not anymore. I have learned that they do not break down like tissue and "waste" so there is a "risk" of clogging a system. Systems are different (city/onlot, size/capacity, design, age, number of people in household, frequency of pumping/maintenance, frequency of laundry, showers, along with whatever else people put into their wastewater systems, etc.). So many factors to consider, so sure, many of us never experience a problem. I have also heard of oxy-pads (those little wipes used for pimples) clogging up a system, as well as some other things. I guess if you think about the piping, if there is anything restricting the flow, it opens the opportunity for all sorts of things to continue backing up. They are by no means the only or main reason for a system malfunction, but they don't help. So I call not flushing them part of "ongoing preventive maintenance." icon_wink.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:04pm
post #41 of 49

Thanks ladies for mentioning the Diva Cup. I never heard of it before and after reading the comments I went out and purchased one and I cannot believe that I've gone all these years without using it.

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 1:38am
post #42 of 49

Wow..until reading this I never realized anyone flushed those things! I never had a problem with wrapping it up being a mess. Plus I wash my hands really well after. I don't see how that could be any messier than putting in a divacup.

Jaime3679 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaime3679 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 6:12am
post #43 of 49

My husband is a plumber and owns his own company and I have always flushed mine, even since we have been married and do not have a problem. He knows I flush them and does not "fuss" at me about it. We have lived in two different houses and never had problems with them clogging our toilets. However, he has seen where it has clogged up others septic systems, so I must agree with indydebi. I asked him one day, "If it's so bad for your septic system than why in the world does it say on the box they are flushable"? His reply was that the plumbing industry gives the tampon companies a kick back. Of course he was kidding!! LOL!

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #44 of 49

This is so timely. Our downstairs toilet got backed up yesterday. I didn't hang around to see what the plumbers did but I tell ya, after reading this thread I think I have an idea why... We've been living here for almost 3 years. (Here is a rented house in Asia, where you're not even supposed to flush tp.) I'm a flusher.

The red flag is up in my house. After reading this thread, I was inspired to start using my divacup again. I'd rather deal with that than deal with not flushing tampons.

Having said that, the divacup is not messy at all. Just takes some getting used to. It's more comfortable than tampons. I got it cos it's hard to find tampons in Asia. I only stopped using it because when I went to the States two years ago I went crazy at Sam's and stockpiled tampons.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:17am
post #45 of 49

I'm a flusher....no septic tank problems. I don't want tampons in the garbage can for a week.

cakelady2266 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:49am
post #46 of 49

Oh and that makes me think of something else that I find gross. People tossing toilet paper with poop on it in the trash can, the kinds without lids.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:59am
post #47 of 49

If you've ever had a septic tank and had to have it cleaned out you'd never flush anything but TP down it.

cakelady2266 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 2:01am
post #48 of 49

Oh I do have a septic tank......the same one for 24 years and never had one single problem. But I am thanking my lucky stars right now.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 8:53am
post #49 of 49

Well thanks to menopause I no longer have this issue, but I will tell you this. When I did have a cycle, I wrapped and discarded. I lived in a rented house with two other women, and I don't know who flushed their tampons, but our landlord was very unhappy when he had to have the septic tank dug up to clear a clog. When he did he found it was clogged due to (yep you guessed it) tampons. I knew it wasn't me, because I have never flushed. You can even be on city sewer, and you can get clogged if the water flow in your area is poor. So, I never flush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%