What Pan Should I Get For Mini Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By mtaylor10099 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 3:01pm by Lcubed82

mtaylor10099 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtaylor10099 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 2

I have an order for mini wedding cakes. I am looking for the right pans to order to give me the look I need.

I need a pan, like a muffin pan but need them not to taper from top to bottom. I need them to be straight up and down on the sides. I am hoping for a 12 count or larger pan (like a muffin pan but sides straight).

The other requirement is I need the bottom layer, say 3"-4" in around to be larger than the top layer, say 2"-3" around. The two layers would be stacked creating a mini wedding cake.

Does anyone have any idea of what pan would work for this? I searched for mini cheese cake pan, they are about 2" around that would work for the top layer, but what about the bottom layer?

1 reply
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 2

I actually found a small tiered pan, all in one. Sounds like the size you are wanting, but already in one piece. My local supply store has them. I think magic line.

Looking thru Google, NordicWare, Chicago Metallic, Fat Daddio's and BW all have some sort of mini pans. The BW set is actually 3 separate small pans.


Quote by @%username% on %date%