Seriously? Have They Forgotten This Is Just Sugar??

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 4:24am by kansaslaura

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 5

Honestly, I don't normally rant and rave but good grief, what is it with some in this industry? The cliques, the backbiting, the shutting people out, the vicious and unprofessional behavior... What is it with these people? It's SUGAR people, it's supposed to be FUN!!! For God's sake it's not a cure for cancer! icon_cool.gif

Thanks, I had to get that off my chest. I'm just amazed at the lengths some will go through to go out of their way to be vicious to others. It's sickening. (And NO, I'm not referring to CC or anyone on it, although that has come up from time to time.) My issue is with those in this industry not necessarily related to CC but are on other cake boards and such.

4 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 5

I would say that the old saying about the "green eyed monster" has a lot to do with it. I don't know why people can't appreciate other people work as well as their own. You do see it all the time (on CC as well) People who think that their work is inadaquate (inadaquate to what) be pleased with everything you do an always try to improve on what you do...appreciate what others do and the skill that they have achieved...be happy for them. Appreciate each day you are given to strive to be a better person...a better cake designer...a better mother/father... a better wife/husband or whatever you chose to do. I know I'm starting to sound all "flower power" so I will leave it at that.

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 5

I agree! And I do see it here on CC as well but moreso about the business/competition side of things.

I think that there is enough room for everybody! Whether you are better than me or worse than me, who cares? If your customer loves you, then more power to you! And congrats to you!

Rather than getting hurt and mean about it, others just need to work harder or be confident in what they do and not worry about the others. Look to others for inspiration rather than trying to tear them down.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

I remember as a kid hearing the grown-ups talk about competitors (and no, none of them actually owned a business but hey! I was a kid! what did I know back then!). I grew up just assuming that competitors hated each other and were out to get each other. It was just the "kitchen table legal experts" conversation that I grew up around.

As I ventured out into the entrepreneur world, I was amazed to discover this ISN'T how it works. I was surprised to learn there are so many in the same and/or relatd business(es) ready to brainstorm and mentor with others. ANd I'm lucky I learned that early in life so I could learn to do the same "sharing and caring".

When I see behavior that I find "questionable", I usually ask myself "JUst how were they raised to where they they think that's ok to act like that?"

ANd maybe they sat around listening to the "kitchen table legal team" in their own house when they were growing up ..... but never had the opportunity to learn how different it really can be.

That doesn't mean they aren't still a b*tch, though! icon_rolleyes.gificon_twisted.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:24am
post #5 of 5

This whole attitude runs much deeper than sugar, sadly.

I

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%