Well Dressed Cake Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Baking By devas Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm by mamawrobin

devas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devas Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

I am planning on making this today for the first time, but for some reason I can't get the recipe to load! Every other recipe I click on loads no problem, but not this one.
Can anyone help me out, and post this recipe? Thanks so much!

5 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 6

I just made this yesterday and it turned out great! From the M. Stewart cupcake recipe for swiss mreingue buttercream
5 large egg whites
1 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
pinch of salt
1 pund unsalted butter- cut into tbls at room temp
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
combine egg whites, sugar and salt in heat proof bowl of standing mixer set over simmering water. whisk constantly by hand until mixture is warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved. the mixture should feel completely smooth when rubbed between fingers.

attach the bowl to the mixer fitted w/ the whisk attachment. Starting on low and gradually increasing to med-hi speed, shisk until stiff peaks form. Continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and glossy and completely cool-test by touching the bottom of the bowl- about 10 mnts

with mixer on med-low speed, add the butter a few tbs at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once all butter has been added, whisk in vanilla. Switch to the paddle attachment, and continue beating on low speed until all air bubbles are eliminated, about 2 mnts. if the mixture looks like it curdle just keep mixint.

hope that helps

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

12 oz (3 sticks) unsalted butter at rom temp
5 egg whites
8oz.(1 cup) granulated sugar
2 TB vanilla extract

Place egg whites and sugar in a double boiler over simmering water, whisking occasionally unitl 160 degrees. Then whip until stiff peak stage. When meringue is ready switch to paddle attachment and beat in butter 1 Tb at a time. Add vanilla, Turn to medium speed and let it go until smooth-You will hear a slapping sound when done.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

I couldn't get it to load either. I wrote printed this out and still haven't tried it. Could you please let me know how it comes out and let me know if it pipes well?

devas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devas Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much to both of you! You have made my cupcake taste-testers very happy!

Yums, I will let you know the results!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 6

I prefer the "well dressed cake smbc" because it uses less butter than most.
I can't get it to load either but I do remember it's one cup sugar, 5 egg whites...3 sticks butter and vanilla.....

The only difference I see in The Well Dressed recipe and Martha's is that hers uses 2 tbs. more sugar and 1 stick more butter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%