Does Any One Know How To Make A 3D Hello Kitty Cake

Decorating By jaritza816 Updated 21 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm by brightbrats

jaritza816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaritza816 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 10

Please help. I was asked about a 3d hello kitty cake. If you have made one please help me. How to make a 3d hello kitty cake

9 replies
mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 10

I saw a cake decorating book at Barnes & Noble the other night by Kate Sullivan that had instructions for this cake. I'm sorry, but I didn't buy it. I broke the budget with the four others I did!

http://www.cakepower.com/cakes/kitty/.

It's pretty cheap on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1592532942/?tag=cakecentral-20

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 10

Here's a Wilton forum discussing the same thing:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=85645

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 10

I've used the stand up bear pan (I think it was a care bear) since it's shape was close.

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 4:17am
post #5 of 10

Sweetflowers, did you use the stand-up bear pan for Hello Kitty? Could you please post a photo? My daughter has just discovered Hello Kitty and wants it for her birthday cake. Thanks!

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 10:31am
post #6 of 10

A 3-D Hello Kitty would be cool.

I did a gel transfer Hello Kitty that turned out cute. You can use a lot of glitter on the bow to make it sparkle.

Good luck and can't wait to see it!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 1:49am
post #7 of 10

I'm so sorry, I've looked and looked for the photo and can't find it. But I'm pretty sure it was the stand up Care Bear pan or stand up mini bear pan. I know it WASN'T the stand up bear that looks like a panda with his feet out wide. He was pretty straight up and down and was so easy to turn into Hello Kitty. I did a full hello kitty face and body, not just the head. I remember using a valentine heart for the nose, using tip 233 in white for the fur and I think blue m'm's for the eyes. I'll look again.

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks, sweetflowers. I've still got lots of time to figure something out. I'll keep searching for different photos to get inspiration.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 10

Thats so funny I was just on ebay looking for Hello Kitty stuff. My daughter who is 3 is crazy over her. We are redoing her room here in a couple of weeks and that is who she picked.

Anyway I went to 3d hello kitty, and it brought up 3 cakes. Here is a picture of one. I hope it works if not just type in that and it will show it, she also says what size pans she used.

Good luck, be sure and let us know how you did it, because I am sure I am going to have to be doing one soon too.
LL

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 10

Here is another it is really cute..
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%