Frosted Carrots On Top Of Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Baking By approachthebench Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 9:11pm by Goldberry

approachthebench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
approachthebench Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:23am
post #1 of 6

I just made some yummy carrot cake cupcakes and now im ready to decorate. I want to do those adorable carrots people do on top of cake and cupcake but cannot figure out how to do them.

Ideas?

Here is a picture just in case you dont know what im talking about.

http://www.buttermilkpress.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/carrot_cupcakes-tnail.jpg

5 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 11:11am
post #2 of 6

looks like fondant (or marzipan). roll into a carrot shape. mark lines with a knife. use ball tool/ end of paint brush to make small hole at the top end. cut your green fondant to make the leafy bit. put some water/ edible glue on the end, and stick into the hole. ta-da! they always look so cute icon_smile.gif
xx

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 11:15am
post #3 of 6

I agree that those are fondant (or something along those lines).

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 6

i agree, the ones in the photo look like fondant. But you can do them with buttercream or cream cheese icing. Just use a round tip and hold it on one side to build up some pressure then pull to the other side a little quicker to create the point of the carrot. Then use a leaf tip for the ... well leaf icon_smile.gif

cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 6

You can also make them out of royal icing and have a supply of them. You can make a ton of them out of a tiny batch of royal icing and then don't have to mess with making batches of orange and green frosting each time you need it.

Goldberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goldberry Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 6

I agree you can do Royal icing carrots but I'd use fondant and then cut the green top with a blossom cutter. make a carrot shape mark lines with a knife stick the green blossom on the end so it looks like the carrot top

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%