Anyone Ever Use Clear Pattern Stamps?

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 12:07am by Adevag

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 20

Was on Global's website and noticed these clear pattern stamps...has anyone ever used them and if so do you have any pictures? Just interested in seeing what the end result is.

Thanks.

19 replies
sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:20am
post #2 of 20

This was made with a clear stamp and then colored with petal & luster dust.

sugarflour2 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 20

For some reason the attachment didn't attach, I'll try again.

sugarflour2 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:23am
post #4 of 20

Second try at attaching.
LL

DarleneP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarleneP Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:39am
post #5 of 20

Ohhh that is pretty!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:56am
post #6 of 20

I discovered these stamps a few months ago. I love them, and they are so much cheaper. I used them on my birds nest cake, its in my photos.

princesscatt Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 1:20am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarflour2

Second try at attaching.

That is gorgeous...can I ask what you colored the flowers with??

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 1:53am
post #8 of 20

I've used them lots of times. I get them at Michaels with a coupon, it's cheaper that way! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarflour2 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:02am
post #9 of 20

Thank you. I colored them with yellow, orange and green luster dust, then dusted the whole cookie with pearl dust...and pink luster too.

princesscatt Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:29am
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I've used them lots of times. I get them at Michaels with a coupon, it's cheaper that way! icon_biggrin.gif

Never seen them at my Michaels...are they in the cake section or in another area?

princesscatt Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:31am
post #11 of 20
Quote:

Thank you. I colored them with yellow, orange and green luster dust, then dusted the whole cookie with pearl dust...and pink luster too.

Great job...I will have to get some stamps now and use them on something....more toys!!! LOL

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:21pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscatt

Quote:

Never seen them at my Michaels...are they in the cake section or in another area?

Michaels didn't have them for a long time but now they are in the scrapbooking section. JoAnns has an entire section for them near the stamping stuff.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:34pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:

That's what I was thinking. I wanted to get a few and try them.
What about rubber stamps? I have a bunch of Stampin'up stamps that I haven't used.

In the clay section at Jo Ann fabrics, I found a set of mini cutters. I think 12 to a pack and I found texture mats. I got 2 in a pack, one design is swirly, the other is floral.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:53pm
post #14 of 20

I use rubber stamps too. Just make sure that before you use any clear or rubber stamp on fondant you wash it in hot soapy water. Then dry it well. Then keep it in a place "for food only" so you don't use it with paper and glue products. icon_confused.gif

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 6:59pm
post #15 of 20

sugarflour, that is SOOOO pretty. Would you mind explaining again how you used the luster dust? Did you mix it with alcohol and then just painted it on the raised pattern of the stamp? TIA

sugarflour2 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #16 of 20

Thanks Adevag. I used a small brush and and just the petal dust and brushed each impression with the different dust colors. I went over each flower a few times until I got the colors as dark as I wanted them. I did the same thing with the green for the vine. Then I just went over each cookie lightly with luster dust to give it a little sparkle.

KUUISMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KUUISMA Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:09pm
post #17 of 20

I actually just tried using them this last week. I found a pack with flowers and different swirls. I rolled out my fondant and then pushed the swirls all over and then used a heart cutter. I added silver dragges at the end of the swirls. So, each heart is different and unique but very elegant looking. The possibilities are endless. The picture isnt very bright but you get the idea.

KUUISMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KUUISMA Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 20

Here's the picture... I hope icon_redface.gif

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 11:41pm
post #19 of 20

I just bought some from Michaels today had not heard of them for cakes.
Just happend to be looking around in Michaels and thought to myself that this would work. Then I get on here and see that all of you are talking about them. icon_smile.gif I'm going to try to use mine tomorrow. Can't wait to play!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #20 of 20
Quote:

Thanks Adevag. I used a small brush and and just the petal dust and brushed each impression with the different dust colors. I went over each flower a few times until I got the colors as dark as I wanted them. I did the same thing with the green for the vine. Then I just went over each cookie lightly with luster dust to give it a little sparkle.

Thanks for all your sharing, that is a great idea.
Kuuisma, the whole CC site is having problem with anything from the forums to uploading photos, it seems. But it sounds very neat. Just like you said, this opens up endless decorative design possibilities. Very exciting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%