How To Price A Cake?

Business By Bethlezia Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm by indydebi

Bethlezia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethlezia Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 4

I wonder to know how much I should charge a cake? I'm a beginner and I make everything from cakes, buttercream, fondant,and gumpaste from scratch.
LL

3 replies
honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 4

pretty cake and beautiful colors.
WOW! I can't even imagine making my own fondant ,let alone making gum paste.You are brave icon_smile.gif
well,You should check the rates and prices around,call and visit local bakers and cake stores.
Then calculate YOUR cost on a cake.How much it costs YOU to make x number of serving wedding cake,include the price of boards,plates,pillars,eggs,sugar etc...
That should give you an idea of exactly how much you will be making as your profit,when you compare it to the price/serving.
dont forget to calculate your time as well icon_smile.gif
Good luck!
- h

Bethlezia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethlezia Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 4

Honeycakes: Thank you so much for the advise. I have a lot to learn about cake decorating. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 4

Plan a day to just sit in front of the computer and read every single thread in the business forum. Much pricing info is in threads that is NOT entitled "pricing", which is why I encourage you to just sit and read ALL of them.

It's a goldmine of information and you'll be amazed at how much knowledge you can pick up here! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%