Omg I'm Such An Idiot!

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm by confectionsofahousewife

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to make royal icing. I hate royal icing so I never make it but I need to use it to glue some things together. Anyway, so I go to make it following wilton's recipe with meringue powder and it turns out like gumpaste! So I think to myself, well maybe I did it wrong or the meringue powder is gone bad. I check the container for an expiration date but there is none. I make it AGAIN! And it turns out like gumpaste. It is then that it occurs to me that I've added gumtex instead of meringue powder..... twice! Dumbass. YOu'd think when I checked for an expiration date seeing the recipe for gumpaste would have clued me in.

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 4

Don't feel bad. I was making meringue and could not for the life of me figure out why it never "meringued."

Yeah, I used gumpaste powder instead of meringue.

I wish CK would alter the packaging just a bit. Well, other than the name printed clearly on the front . . .

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 4

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif that is funny. Thanks for the laugh, i needed it. But remember this.. you DID figure it out. thumbs_up.gif

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 4

I did figure it out. That's true! But I wasted 15 minutes and two lbs powdered sugar in the process. I can't believe I did it twice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%