Doesn't This Sound Busy And Weird?

Decorating By heddahope Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 2:23am by heddahope

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 13

I was asked to do a 3-tiered cake, 10in. (maybe square) 6in and 4in rounds. Topsy Turvy. Do you think this would look odd?

Then here is the decorations. Bottom tier-Zebra stipes, middle tier-fluorescent peace signs, top tier- polka dots. With "stuff" coming out the top.

I am not that creative and artsy and really can't picture things too well, but this just seems very CRAZY.

Any opinions on this? Will this look ok, or should I talk to her about doing something different? Any input would be great.

TIA

12 replies
tracicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracicakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 13

Although I have never done a topsy turvy, I think it sounds typical. I have seen a lot that are over the top with design. It sounds like a teen girl design to me. You can do it!

cmnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmnycakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 13

You know it may just work. Check out this cake we've made:

or:

These cakes have zebra stripes, hot pink, bright green, everything! Especially the top one. I think what your client wants will probably work.

Do these help?

http://cmnycakes.com

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 13

I think the design on each tier will end up working together as long as you keep the colors consistent and don't do like 10 different shades of each color.

As for the sizes. I would suggest 10-7-4. You'll have the same 3" difference between each tier then.

heddahope Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:08am
post #5 of 13

Those pics do help alot!!

Thanks for the suggestions, I am gonna call her tomorrow to try and settle on just a couple of colors. And maybe try and change the sizes.

Yall are awesome.

Thanks again!

heddahope Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 13

Here is the outcome!

heddahope Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 13
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 13

Cute cake. When I read your first post I thought to myself that it sounds like the typical teenage girl cake....LOL....I've done several similar to this one. I also used the same peace sign ribbon for my boards!

heddahope Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:31am
post #9 of 13

I loved that ribbon!!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #10 of 13

I already commented on it before I saw this post, it's a truly adorable cake

heddahope Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 13

Thank You!

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #12 of 13

Great work! Did you have much trouble stacking the cakes since they were iced in buttercream. I made one for my niece using the same method you used. I had to re-ice the top tier after I stacked it. When I insered the top tier into the bottom the icing pushed up and out! In addition it had my finger marks all over it too. I was wondering how you did it?

heddahope Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:23am
post #13 of 13

I really didn't have that much trouble, I kind of "slid" it in I think. Sorry I am not too much help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%