Fondant Sea Creatures!

Decorating By sarahbanks Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 1:50am by volleykjh10

sarahbanks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahbanks Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hey guys, i could really use some input! I am making a beach/dolphin cake in a few days and while i have the idea in my head how to lay it all out, i have decided i want to add a bunch of small sea creatures to the cake to kick up the color and make sure its not to boring!!

I want to make crabs, octopus, fish, stingrays ETC small animals out of fondant. While i know how to work with fondant i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on making these guys??? ANY advise is appreciated!!!

thanks

2 replies
AngelinaMomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelinaMomof3 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:14am
post #2 of 3

I googled 'fondant sea creatures' then selected just the images and there are TONS of pictures of cakes with them.. I hope that will help. I haven't done anything like that yet.

volleykjh10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleykjh10 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:50am
post #3 of 3

I'm currently doing a little mermaid cake. i found a clay push mold by Makin's and you can make whales, dolphins, turtles, fish, seahorse, starfish, and a small shell. I wanted to learn how to make a monkey out of fondant and turned to You Tube. You Tube was wonderful because I could pause the computer and follow the instructure. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%