Need Help Asap With Filling/lorann Flavoring

Baking By BrightDelights Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 12:27am by BrightDelights

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

I was trying to make a strawberry cheesecake filling and added 1 dram of Lorann stawberry to cream cheese, bettercream and sweetened condensed milk. But now it has a terrible artificial aftertaste.

I've already added strawberry puree, sugar and a pinch of salt and it's still there.
Is there anyway to save this? I hate to throw this all out and start over and I'm out of bettercream.

Help!

4 replies
BrightDelights Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 5

Ok never mind, came up with a new alternative. Didn't think I could save the first batch so I whipped 2 bricks of cream cheese, 1/4 c sweetened condensed milk, 3/4c strawberry puree, and 1 cup frosting. It's yummy.

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 5

Glad that you had success with the 2nd batch. 1 dram of LorAnn oils is too much. You only need about 2 drops or so, not the whole bottle.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

Ditto. Unless you're making a bathtub full of icing, a dram is waaaaay too much.

BrightDelights Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 5

I was just following someone elses recipe, but learned my lesson on that one. I'm a lot happier with the second batch anyway. It's really good and there's nothing artificial in it now either icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%