How Do I Make Homemade Cupcake Liners

Baking By cakeapprentice1923 Updated 7 Feb 2012 , 10:33am by CupcakesbyLee

cakeapprentice1923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeapprentice1923 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 14

I need to find a way to make homemade liners. Can i make them out of aluminum foil? what about tin foil? parchment paper or wax? So many qoustions so little time..........i came to all you cake central partners to help me find my anwser, can you help me??? icon_wink.gif

13 replies
sticky11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sticky11 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 14

buy the plain white inexpensive liners then with construction paper make your own outer cup. eg flowers on your cupcake make green spiked like grass all around it. With some construction paper your possibilities are endless. This is the new rage with these fancey cupcake holders BUT they are very expensive - Canada 12 of them are around $6.00 ouch! Good Luck!

pbeckwith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeckwith Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:27am
post #3 of 14

I think there was a template for the outer covers on here.
Also I've seen 7" square parchment shoved into the cupcake pans, but that would probably be more expensive than regular liners.

pbeckwith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeckwith Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 14

Yep, the template is on page 2. In the galleries, down on the bottom is the sketches, etc.

CakesbyChantal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChantal Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 14

Hi. This is my first post even though DH says I am addicted to CC. I use a paper doily to make cupcake wrappers. I cut along the decorative edge and tape or glue the ends. They look almost as pretty as the expensive wrappers for a fraction of the price.

The white wrappers are made from the doily.
LL

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 14

Make a template, you can go off the one on CC, and then buy pretty paper from the craft store. Photo copy the template unto the pretty papers and cut them out. Cut the top with those scissors that cut patterns. I have a couple in my photos is you want to see that they turn out looking like... very pretty and much less expensive!

pastrycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrycook Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 14

Hi SharonK1973, your cupcake wrappers are really pretty, I have a question, How do you get your cupcake wrappers free of oil spots?, thanks. icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:17am
post #8 of 14

I use a second cupcake liner to protect the wrap. Just set the second cupcake liner in the wrap and place the cupcake in there.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:26am
post #9 of 14

I'm confused, are you looking to make the liners or the wraps? I'm assuming the liners since you mentioned aluminum foil.....

What is the reasoning behind making the liners yourself? just curious on what you're trying to accomplish icon_smile.gif

cakeapprentice1923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeapprentice1923 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

I'm confused, are you looking to make the liners or the wraps? I'm assuming the liners since you mentioned aluminum foil.....

What is the reasoning behind making the liners yourself? just curious on what you're trying to accomplish icon_smile.gif

well i somtimes forget to look to see if i have liners before i make muffins or cupcakes so i wanted to kwow if i could make them on the spot

SharonK1973 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #11 of 14

Oh!!! I totally missed that! I didn't even notice that the OP wanted "liners" For some reason I thought she meant Wraps. About the liners, I don't know. Did you try Google?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:02am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeapprentice1923

Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

well i somtimes forget to look to see if i have liners before i make muffins or cupcakes so i wanted to kwow if i could make them on the spot

Ahh ok... that makes sense. I have never tried to make homemade ones before. If they were not for a customer i would just grease my tins like i do my cake pans. But if i needed the liners i'm thinking parchment paper on the bottom and around the sides would probably be the easiest. Or just the sides maybe.

LadyBills02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBills02 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 10:18pm
post #13 of 14

I want to make my own liners because there is just not a lot of selection locally in the mini size. I recently had a request for Tengled theme decorated cake balls and there was nothing around. I hunted high and low for how to make them from home and all I found was how to make them for cupcakes or where to buy the giant machine from China! I just want a way to make REAL liners with a design I want! This search has inspired me to look into a way to make them from home. I'll keep you posted. : )

CupcakesbyLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakesbyLee Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 10:33am
post #14 of 14

I never thought about making them until I read this post. Going to print that template now. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%