Cake Toppers

Decorating By CaSandra77 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 9:05pm by CaSandra77

CaSandra77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaSandra77 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 7

I am making my daughter a pink pirate theme cake. I am looking for the cake topper that looks like the pink pirate skull. Does anyone know where I can find this? Found it once, but cant find it again.

6 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 7

Is it plastic, or what's it made out of?

Sorry, I don't have an answer about the topper, but have you chosen a design for your daughter's cake yet? There are so many cute pink pirate cakes in the gallery. Have fun making it!

CaSandra77 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 7

Yes thank you I already have a design picked out. Hopefully it will turn out just as good as the one I found. Of course will put my own touches to it, but will see. thanks

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 7

So have you found your topper yet? If not, let us know what it's made of... maybe someone will know which one you're looking for. Perhaps you can make/mold your own, if you can't find the same one again.

CaSandra77 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 7

I have no clue what it is made of. I saw it on a cake and my duaghter really wants it. I found one person who had it but they do not sell it and they make it themself. My other problem is I have no training and have been training myself on everything so far. I am loving it but just not talented enough to experiment with extreme stuff.
http://cakesbytrisha.com/CIMG4824.JPG
Not sure if this will come thru or not, but this is the cake I am looking at doing. Thanks for all your help

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 7

That looks very much like the pink pirate theme birthday items sold at Oriental Trading, Birthday Express, etc.

It might be a cut-out of the cardstock plate? Or an edible image on fondant--scan the napkin and print to edible image paper?

HTH
K

CaSandra77 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 7

good idea thanks for the input. I will look at doing that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%