This weekend is my son's 1st birthday and I am making him a little bee smash cake. The little bee is going to sit on a square or round cake. The bottom cake I am going to decorate the top with grass and it will have chocolate bees, ladybugs, and frogs on the top. My problem is how to decorate the sides. Here were some thoughts...please PLEASE give opinions...
1. chocolate ice the sides smooth
2. chocolate ice the sides and then put ground up oreos on the sides to look like dirt.
3. do green icing or fondont.
4. white icing and decorate with bright fondont squares/circles.
5. white icing and decorate with same chocolate figures as on top.
Thank you in advance. I am not sure why I can't get more focused on this one!
Hi, I was thinking maybe you could do this
Green icing or fondant and make a fence that cirlces around the cake add your crushed oreos and some vibrant flowers (tiny/small flowers) to your liking.
Or, Chocolate icing or fondant with the same concept as above.
Or, if you want to use White icing or fondant then make your picket fence a coordinating color to match.
Love your ideas! Thanks!
I have a jungle cake with leaves on the side....wonder if that would work???
Here is my final product! I wish I had more time to work on it, but just flat ran out of time (and steam )
I would appreciate any CC!