Giggle Of The Day - Today's Ridiculous Wedding Cake Request

Decorating By DebbyJG Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm by cownsj

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:07am
post #31 of 38

yes, I'm in Ohio. It was either the Cincy or Columbus Craigs list (I'm living between the 2 cities...literally. Work in Columbus during the week, home to the hubby on the weekends) I don't remember which one, sorry. I can look again.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:15am
post #32 of 38

I'm in Columbus. I just looked on Craigslist under "services" then searched on "cake", and it's there.
I think this girl is legitimately trying to find someone to make this cake!

DebbyJG Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:24am
post #33 of 38

Sorry, NOT in the "Services" area. It's in the "For Sale/Wanted" area. Here's the link (I don't know if outside links are allowed or not, but if soicon_smile.gif
http://columbus.craigslist.org/wan/1873766012.html

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:17am
post #34 of 38

Oh good grief! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

After 7 months with no luck finding a baker, one would think she'd get the hint.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #35 of 38

I wonder if anyone had the time to do so, if she would be able to understand why the cake she wants costs so much and to help her understand what she could get that fits her budget, before it's too late for them to have any cake they'd be happy to have?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:11pm
post #36 of 38

This one really might be a good project for a beginner! Wouldn't have to worry about messing it up to bad! icon_rolleyes.gif

DebbyJG Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:15pm
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

This one really might be a good project for a beginner! Wouldn't have to worry about messing it up to bad! icon_rolleyes.gif

True, unless, of course, they actually were hoping to make even a dime of profit on the project!
Hmmm, maybe I should make the cake just for the fun of it, with the expressed intention of getting one of my cakes published on Cake Wrecks. Of course, I would have to take away any reference to my business name COMPLELTEY! icon_razz.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm
post #38 of 38

Any new updates with this one?

If nothing else maybe they could use enough education about what they could expect and not expect in their price range so they don't wait too long. Heck, if anyone wants me to, I'll send them a message, but I don't want to get in the middle if anyone there is working with them already

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%