Airbrush Compressor Brands?

Decorating By BlueBurd Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 2:36pm by ibmoser

BlueBurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBurd Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 2

I want to get a fairly inexpensive airbrush kit to learn the technique. Do you work with any kind from a craft store (using, of course, with food-appropriate color) - or are there special airbrushes just for cake decorating?

They are on sale this week at Hobby Lobby, but not sure what works with Americolor/etc. airbrush colors.

Thanks in advance!!!!

1 reply
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 2

You can use almost any small compressor with almost any airbrush if you have the proper fittings/hoses. You will want a compressor with a pressure regulator/gauge and moisture trap (both can be bought separately and put on almost any compressor). There are systems made specifically for cake decorating that are usually higher in price but are quiet and ready to go for decorators. Americolor airbrush colors are wonderful and can be used in any airbrushes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%