Which Fondont Brand Is Best In Taste And Easy To Work With?

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 5:17pm by BlueBurd

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:15am
post #1 of 17

I am alittle tired of making myown fondont and Wiltons is sooooo bad in taste. I want to buy some from Global Sugar Art. before I buy it I would like some of your opinions. Thanks

16 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:17am
post #2 of 17

Hi, I vote for Satin Ice. Its the best for me. its all I use and have every since we met, lol.

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:38am
post #3 of 17

Satin Ice for me too. Pink Cake Box, Cake Boss, and tons more famous decorators depend on Satin Ice. You can order it online, but it's also found in most cake supplies. I love working with it, and it really is tasty. I usually can get 5lbs for about $30, and Wilton is 5lbs for $20ish? Not too much difference.

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:08am
post #4 of 17

Fondarific all the way. When you open up the bucket, you smell buttercream, not chemicals!

erichazann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erichazann Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 17

I would vote Satin Ice for taste + ease.. but for taste alone, I vote Fondarific/Duff. With a 40% off coupon for Michaels, Duffs is $12 for 2 lbs. I pay $13 locally for Satin Ice colors from an overpriced cake store, and $27 for 5lbs.

Gloria72777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gloria72777 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 17

I love Satin ice!! If you don't need it right away you can order it from www.Globalsugarart.com You can get 5lbs for about $15.00. I get almost all of cake products from them. They are very reliable and they are pretty fast on shipping. thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

erichazann Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria72777

I love !! If you don't need it right away you can order it from www.Globalsugarart.com You can get 5lbs for about $15.00. I get almost all of cake products from them. They are very reliable and they are pretty fast on shipping. thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

They have great sale prices, but shipping is at least $10 for 5lbs.

Gloria72777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gloria72777 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 17

yes but, I just orderd 50lbs of stuff and only paid $30.00 for shipping. I live out in the country and the closest place that sells anything but Wilton is 50 miles away. icon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gif

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 17

I just tried fondariffic and have to say I wont be using satin ice anymore...I usually just use fondant for accents but its seems so easy to work with.

I vote fondariffic

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:32pm
post #10 of 17

I found Duff's black fondant to be very sticky and stretchy, compared to Satin Ice. I had a tough time working with it. I'm not sure if it was because of the color, or if it's just harder to work with.

BlueBurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBurd Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 17

I like Satin Ice WAY more than Wilton. Very easy to work with - very easy to work out bubbles and elephant skin - really is smooth as silk (or satin? LOL). I'm trying Fondex for grins, now I wish I"d tried Fondariffic! Glad I just ordered a small amount for some cake dummies and not a cake icon_smile.gif

erichazann Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:48pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

I found Duff's black fondant to be very sticky and stretchy, compared to . I had a tough time working with it. I'm not sure if it was because of the color, or if it's just harder to work with.

All of the colors/flavors I have used are like that. I have used red, black and white (which is really more ivory than white**). That is why I said for all around, I would vote Satin Ice, because Duff's is sort of hard to use.. but is much better on the flavor.

**I think Fondarific makes a real white buttercream flavored fondant called wedding white, but the one in Duff's packaging is their standard white buttercream, which is ivoryish... kind of misleading since Duff's packaging shows it as white.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:57pm
post #13 of 17

F-O-N-D-A-R-F-I-C !!

Darlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darlene Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:01am
post #14 of 17

I am a fondarific fan too!

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:19am
post #15 of 17

I vote for Satin Ice. I love how smooth and velvety it tastes.

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:16am
post #16 of 17

Satin Ice for me too...

BlueBurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBurd Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:17pm
post #17 of 17

BTW - you can order a "sample pack" from Choco-Pan for a really low price (something around $5?) - they have about 4 oz of their top 6 flavors/colors (including noire/chocolate, caramel, coffee, and white chocolate). Kind of nice to try a bit without paying for a 2-lb+ tub.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%