How Would You Make This Snakeskin Print On A Gumpaste Shoe??

Decorating By missv1973 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 2:27am by msthang1224

missv1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missv1973 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:57am
post #1 of 9

How would you make this snakeskin print on a gumpaste shoe? Any suggestions??
LL

8 replies
deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:10am
post #2 of 9

If you rolled very thin cylinders in each of the colors and then put them next to each other making a fatter cylinder and rolled that, then sliced it like icebox cookies and then laid these "cookies" next to each you could get a sheet of colors that would replicate snake skin. If you then rolled that over some kind of textured mat that should finish the look

missv1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missv1973 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:14am
post #3 of 9

That's a great idea!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:19am
post #4 of 9

That sounds pretty complicated. I think I would make the gumpaste pale yellow, use a textured mat (I have a placemat with the right texture, but don't know where to buy one), then go over some spots with ivory gel color thinned with vodka, and others with black gel color. With a nearly dry brush you could get the color to go on the bumps but not the ridges.

deMuralist Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:48am
post #5 of 9

yep, your way sounds easier.

just fyi, here is a video of how the technique is done with modeling clay and used to make jewelry. it is where I got the idea

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 9

Wow, those shoes are hot!! Demuralist, I would like to see the video of how its done with modeling clay. Would you mind sharing with me as well, thanks icon_smile.gif

deMuralist Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 9
msthang1224 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:24am
post #8 of 9

Thank you so much. Yes, this video should definitely help the original poster of this question. I love the idea and those shoes, lol.

msthang1224 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:27am
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much. Yes, this video should definitely help the original poster of this question. I love the idea and those shoes, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%