Help I Need Ideas For A Princess Cake?my First Paying Custom

Decorating By skinnyminx Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 2:21pm by bakeawish

skinnyminx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skinnyminx Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 9:55am
post #1 of 10

hi i need some ideas im not long at cake decorating but im o.k at it so i need ideas for a princes cake for a 5th birthday something easy enough as its my first paying customer i want it to be 100% as i think if i try anything to extravagant it could back fire on me and i dont want to kill my reputation before i even start

9 replies
aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 10:48am
post #2 of 10

What about something simple with a gumpaste tiara on top?

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 10

Or perhaps a prince doll cake, you know where the cake is the dolls dress?

skinnyminx Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 10

cathe cakes ive alway woundered how to form that type of cake is it a sphere shaped cake or decending round sizes??? an how to you make the doill icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 10

I've used a ball pan with a 6" or 8" round for the dress but I've also used a Pyrex dish and that's worked fine (no carving!). You may want to turn a few of your oven-safe bowls upside down and see what shape they give you! HTH icon_smile.gif

canucknewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canucknewbie Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 10

Betty Crocker website has a how-to video.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/fairy-tale-princess-cake/994aa183-c7da-4b14-8435-7472c513feaf

I don't know if the link works but hope it helps.

cakemama2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #7 of 10

Get the Wilton Wondermold doll pan...it comes with the doll and instructions. There's one in my pics to see if you want...

bakeawish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeawish Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 10

I got lucky and found a wonder mold pan at the D.I for a buck..but it isn't that hard to carve 3 8 inch layers either..takes some frosting build up near the waist. Then just frost and drape a mmf skirt over the whole thing...easy peasy!
LL

skinnyminx Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 10

oh my gosh bakewish your doll looks amazing is you covering in fondant or dutter cream did you make your bodice covering as well or is that the one that came on the doll ?. i just looked up the betty crocket video a brilliant help i get it now.

bakeawish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeawish Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:21pm
post #10 of 10

skinnymnkx. the covering is fondant. If you watch the tutorial on here for making a wedding dress cake it will help you alot. the bodice is fondant..i used the lace mold press and silver luster dust. The lace is all just fondant in a silicone mold...(gave me an excuse to buy the mold)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%