How To Apply Edible Images In A Cake? Help!!!!!

Decorating By Cenell Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 2:32am by Loucinda

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 10

I have problem when I apply the edible sheet on my cake. Is covered in fondant and the sheet that I'm using is the one that has to be peel off. I hate it icon_mad.gif . I'm doing everything that says in the instruction paper and is not working. When I peel it off it break. What I'm doing wrong??? icon_cry.gif

Please HELP!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

9 replies
Cenell Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone? icon_confused.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #3 of 10

It sounds like your edible image sheet has dried out to me. Can you print another one out?

Cenell Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 1:32am
post #4 of 10

I went to a cake supplies store and they print it for me. That was about a week and a half ago. I used it today and the instructions said to put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then use it. I did it and when I start to peel it off it broke. I'm so frustated. icon_cry.gif

And I have another question, I have to cut it because one sheet has about 6 images, When I cut the images? After peel off the sheet?

What icing or edible sheet is better?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:10am
post #5 of 10

Apply more moisture to the fondant and it should adhere fine. You just are not using enough water. Moisture is your glue for the image.

SusanReis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusanReis Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:19am
post #6 of 10

When using edible images, it is best to print them, or have the bakery print them for you the day before or the day of your cake making. Keep the image away from heat and light. Trim your image with the paper backing on. When applying to fondant, I put a thin layer of piping gel on the back of the image or on the fondant before applying. Gently smooth with fondant smoother or your hand to make sure there are no bubbles. I would stay away from placing your image in the freezer, as this tends to dry the image out or make it stiff and hard to handle. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cenell Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 10

thank you girls. I will try it again today. Wish me luck!!!!!! I'm so affraid. LOL

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 10

The only reason you would use the freezer is if you are having trouble removing it from the backing. This is generally caused by too much moisture or humidity in the icing sheet. The freezer takes the moisture out just enough, but Cenell is right, you have to be careful as it does make it brittle, but only for a little bit, as the humidity gets back in to the image and the image comes to room temperature it becomes plyable again.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 10

I have put my icing sheet into the freezer but never for more then maybe 1 min ..It should then come right off!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:32am
post #10 of 10

I do the same as fiddlesticks - I pop the just printed image into the freezer for about a minute and it peels right off the paper perfectly.

I also am so happy with my set up - the images are so much sharper and clearer than the ones I used to buy at the grocery store. There is a HUGE difference!

I hope yours is working out for you now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%