What Filling And Fosting Should I Use??? Need Ideas

Decorating By hurlygrli07 Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm by mgigglin

hurlygrli07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hurlygrli07 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 1:05am
post #1 of 5

i am doing a three tired cake this month and the bride is kinda letting me do what i want, she knows she wants the bottom teir to be chocolate with raspberry then she wants a lemon cake and a strawberry cake, i get to pick the fillings and frostings, i was going to use chocolate ganache to cover the bottom teir with a raspberry preserve filling, then for the lemon cake teir i was thinking of trying a lemon buttercreme? then for the stawberry cake, i really dont know what to do, maybe fresh strawberries with a vanilla buttercreme, but im not so sure so i just wanna get some ideas! tia

4 replies
CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurlygrli07

i am doing a three tired cake this month and the bride is kinda letting me do what i want, she knows she wants the bottom teir to be chocolate with raspberry then she wants a lemon cake and a strawberry cake, i get to pick the fillings and frostings, i was going to use chocolate ganache to cover the bottom teir with a raspberry preserve filling, then for the lemon cake teir i was thinking of trying a lemon buttercreme? then for the stawberry cake, i really dont know what to do, maybe fresh strawberries with a vanilla buttercreme, but im not so sure so i just wanna get some ideas! tia

what about chocolate tier-rasberry perserve filling-vanilla BC icing; lemon tier- aprocot perserve filling-vanilla BC; strawberry tier-strawberry perserve filling-vanilla BC

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:41am
post #3 of 5

Chocolate cake with a layer of vanilla bc and raspberry filling on top of it and iced in vanilla bc

Lemon cake with a layer of whipped white chocolate ganache and a layer of raspberry filling on top of it iced with whipped white chocolate ganache

Strawberry cake with white chocolate strawberry cream cheese bc iced in white chocolate strawberry bc

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:46am
post #4 of 5

Or

Strawberry cake with a banana cheesecake filling and iced in banana bc

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 5

I am going to throw in Strawberry Lemonade!! icon_biggrin.gif I have made lemon cake and put a strawberry filling in it.. it was yummy!! You can also do that vice-versa! I use a lil of the Torani syrups to make it extra lemony and then I use the mexican cans of strawberry nectar in the strawberry cake as the liquid.... quite yummy!!

hth,

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%