My Daughter In Labor And I'm In The

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 11:05am by lam159

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 19

middle of making a chocolate cake. Can someone tell me what to do to save the batter? thanks

18 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 19

I've heard some refridgerating it overnight then pouring in pan and letting it get room temp to bake. Happy Grandma times!!!!!!!! Hope she has a speedy and safe delivery.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 19

Cover it tightly (like in a Tupperware) and freeze it. Thaw in the fridge and bake as normal. I've had fine results freezing batter for a day or two.

Good luck to your daughter and congrats, Grandma!

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 19

All you can do is refrigerate and then take out and let sit to room temp and try baking....good luck!

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 19

i save batter all the time. there is even a thread about chilling batter before baking.... anyway, put it tupperware, pop it in the fridge and go to your daughter!

pattycakes55d Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 19

thanks for all your speedy answers. I'll do it and I'm on my way now. thanks for the wishes.

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:47am
post #7 of 19

Congratulations from one grandma to another!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:51am
post #8 of 19

Timing is everything...best wishes to you all!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #9 of 19

Just wanted to say Congrats.

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #10 of 19

Congrats to you and your daughter!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:26am
post #11 of 19

i know you have already gone but I just wanted to add that I freeze mine and it is fine....and CONGRATS!!!

jojo76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo76 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 19

nothing to add on the subject of batter, but wanted to say good luck and congratulations to you and your daughter!!! xxx

lam159 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lam159 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:23pm
post #13 of 19

CONGRATS GRANDMA!!! icon_smile.gif

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #14 of 19

What a story later on in life - "did you know that I was in the middle of................when you decided to come into this world"? Congrats on the new arrival. Hope all are well and relaxing at home.

Thanks for the advice. You never know when an emergency may come up.

pattycakes55d Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:02pm
post #15 of 19

Everyone, my daughter had a baby boy who is 4 weeks premature and he's perfect - plump and very aware and they can come home in a couple of days. Usually baby has to stay in the hospital a week or so to grow more. What's better yet I had cupcakes to take to the hospital for all to enjoy. I am so grateful to all who responded. Thank you! I do have a quick question - I thawed the cupcakes I made from another batter a few days ago; when I tasted a couple they didn't have as much flavor as they always do. They tasted bland. It's my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I measured everything correctly so I have no idea what's going wrong. They were in freezer a couple of days only.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #16 of 19

Congratulations to you and your whole family!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:41pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakes55d

Everyone, my daughter had a baby boy who is 4 weeks premature and he's perfect - plump and very aware and they can come home in a couple of days. Usually baby has to stay in the hospital a week or so to grow more. What's better yet I had cupcakes to take to the hospital for all to enjoy. I am so grateful to all who responded. Thank you! I do have a quick question - I thawed the cupcakes I made from another batter a few days ago; when I tasted a couple they didn't have as much flavor as they always do. They tasted bland. It's my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I measured everything correctly so I have no idea what's going wrong. They were in freezer a couple of days only.

Maybe your batter wasn't up to your usual standards that time. I've never had problems with flavor after freezing and thawing (and I freeze all my cakes). I notice though that if the cake is thawed but still cold, it tastes a bit drier. It usually has to come to complete room temp. Just some ideas. Oh...and congratulations on your new grandson!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 12:22am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakes55d

I do have a quick question - I thawed the cupcakes I made from another batter a few days ago; when I tasted a couple they didn't have as much flavor as they always do. They tasted bland. It's my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I measured everything correctly so I have no idea what's going wrong. They were in freezer a couple of days only.

Congrats Grandma!
About your frozen cupcakes... I don't know if they were still cold or not, but if you have any leftovers I'm sure they'll taste better a day or two later (if not cold) as the icing and cake flavors have a chance to combine.
Have a great time with your new grandbaby!

lam159 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lam159 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 11:05am
post #19 of 19

OK...3 questions that seems to be missing....WHAT'S HIS NAME??!!! HOW MUCH DID HE WEIGH AND HOW BIG IS HE??!!!!! LOL icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%