How Do I Stand Buzz Lightyear On Top Of The Cake?

Decorating By bibbles6598 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm by bibbles6598

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a buzz lightyear this weekend out of gumpaste and wanted to know when I get the cake done (party is 3 weeks), how will i stand him up on top of the cake? What do I need to do now to ensure he will be standing?
Thanks for any help!

4 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 5

Attach him to a plaque of sorts then attach that to the cake. Or dowels through his legs down into the cake.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #3 of 5

You can also build him on a wire armature, and then you can stick him in that way. Or, if your model is structurally sound, without using wire, you can stand him up using a glob of melted chocolate under his feet and support him in place until the chocolate dries rock hard.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

I would suggest modeling him around a dowel rod. and from recent experience might I add.. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH DOWEL LENGTH TO SUPPORT THE WEIGHT OF HIM !!! or he will tumble off the cake. or rip the fondant on his way down!! I am so glad I practiced first!!

I would make him so that one of his legs, up into the chest area had the dowel rod in it. This post will explain it better.. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-685852.html

good luck.

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone!!! I'll need more help on this massive cake..so I'll be posting more quesitons later lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%