How To Ship Cake Pops

Decorating By craftylady56 Updated 28 Aug 2012 , 1:47am by scp1127

craftylady56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftylady56 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hi-
I just found this forum and joined .

Would anyone know how to ship cake pops???

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

I think that some people are freezing them and then overnighting them via FedEx to their destination. Maybe try shipping to a relative or out of town friend and see how they turn out before you start shipping to customers? Good Luck! Let me know how it turns out!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 5

I've shipped cupcake bites in the past, but only in the winter. I'd be worried the chocolate would melt with temperatures as high as they are.

As for general shipping...Ziploc-type container, wrap each individually, and alternate the way the sticks are laid out (e.g., cake end up, cake end down, cake end up, cake end down, etc.) and then fill the gaps in the container with tissue paper.

Or you can place them like this: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/emrldsky/Cakes/DSCN0229_resized.jpg and then fill the gaps with tissue paper.

After you've got that set, fill the remaining space above the cake pops, so they don't jostle in your container. Box it up and go!

HTH! Good luck!!

dooberbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dooberbug Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 5

This is a great question! I'd like to ship in styrofoam shippers, but the cost seems prohibitive. Was thinking of using a Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box with frozen pops, possibly including ice packs. Anyone know of someone selling packaging that works with cake pops, similar to cupcake boxes with a place for each cupcake?

I am doing an experiment - offered a trio of shipped cake pops to volunteers outside my state if they will agree to give me frank and honest feedback on how they arrived on my Facebook page. Getting ready to ship them out... will post how it goes! icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 1:47am
post #5 of 5

Black Cloud time... if you are selling them, you need an FDA licensed kitchen. No home kitchen will comply. After that, you must ship according to specific FDA requirements. Failure to have an FDA license is a federal offense. See your state Dept of Ag for the application. This is not a cheap proposition due to the regulations and shipping requirements. That is why only bakeries with high volume venture into this aspect of the business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%